Author Topic: will you buy it...  (Read 10041 times)

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
will you buy it...
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »
will you buy the go the moment they release it?

nah i don't think so....the price is such a rip off!!
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: will you buy it...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:13:38 AM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:26:00 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
I'll get one.

And if I can worm my way into getting one before the release day then I'll be really happy.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:44:41 PM »
i wanna buy one just to rip apart really, really fast.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline dragnrider6218

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
Tho I think it does look very aesthetic, I am not going to buy one. It's a $250 facelift. The GO doesn't have anymore power then the PSP Phat or Slim in terms of gaming power. Remove the UMD and put in a larger memory for use with downloading games instead? Hmm...this sounds alot like things people have been doing for the past few years. This is just Sony being greedy because they have lost so much revenue with the CFW's out there, and they are trying to end the CFW underground. Given the choice I would go buy a refurb Phat or Slim over the Go anyday. A system can look as sexy as they can possibly get it to, but if the actual power is not there then what's the point. It's like putting fake ram air scoops on a cavalier and saying now it looks better, but is it really?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:08:35 AM »
Tho I think it does look very aesthetic, I am not going to buy one. It's a $250 facelift. The GO doesn't have anymore power then the PSP Phat or Slim in terms of gaming power. Remove the UMD and put in a larger memory for use with downloading games instead? Hmm...this sounds alot like things people have been doing for the past few years. This is just Sony being greedy because they have lost so much revenue with the CFW's out there, and they are trying to end the CFW underground. Given the choice I would go buy a refurb Phat or Slim over the Go anyday. A system can look as sexy as they can possibly get it to, but if the actual power is not there then what's the point. It's like putting fake ram air scoops on a cavalier and saying now it looks better, but is it really?
it really depends on how you use it.  I mainly use mine for video instead of gaming (weird I know but I don't care) so to me it's awesome.  It has a big screen, tv out, bluetooth for wireless headphones, 16gb built in and option to add more later, and it's small plus it has support to do more later.  The psp is currently (to me) the best portable video player on the market and it has a very nice screen.  It also has a little bit more features now too, you can use a Ps3 controller on it out of the box so it's not just a facelift.  Do you know how people pay modders to do that on the psp?  a lot more then $250 that's for sure.

yes they are charging a premium but that's the way with everything.  I'm still going to buy it because I want it.  I'll just use my slim for gaming and use this one for video playback.  besides when/if I have to buy a game on PSN I can just put it on both my psp's.  I think PSN lets you put it up to five systems so I don't have to buy 2 disks of the same thing to play multiplayer.   

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
I may get one. Somewhat disappointed that it doesn't have a touch-sensitive screen though.
Kamelot Forever

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
It has a big screen 
Actually it has a smaller screen than 1000 or 2000

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

According to other online threads he's right. Older PSPs have 4.3 in. screens whereas the Go has a 3.8 in. screen. But are you really going to notice the missing half-inch? I doubt it. And the resolution is supposedly no different than the other PSPs.

source
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:39:36 PM by aquatsr »
Kamelot Forever

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 05:06:09 PM »
According to other online threads he's right. Older PSPs have 4.3 in. screens whereas the Go has a 3.8 in. screen. But are you really going to notice the missing half-inch? I doubt it. And the resolution is supposedly no different than the other PSPs.

source
Yes I know it has a smaller screen but it's still bigger then what else is offered on the market.  and it still has the same resolution of the current one.  I don't mind at all it just makes a little bit easier to carry around.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
I'd rather save my money for Natal tbh
Derp.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »
Oh ok. On subject, I do not plan to buy it. Unless it becomes a hackable console with a bunch of hidden, modifiable features.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »
no, i will never be buying one. Same with the 3000. NEVER. 360 is much better.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
no, i will never be buying one. Same with the 3000. NEVER. 360 is much better.
FANBOY ALERT!
why can't both system be good?  Last time I checked the psp platforms weren't suffering from overheating, RROD, and E74 or similar errors.  Yet people still seem to still like it even though 1 in 6 is supposed to break...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:19:39 PM by Tri-edge »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
FANBOY ALERT!
why can't both system be good?  Last time I checked the psp platforms weren't suffering from overheating, RROD, and E74 or similar errors.  Yet people still seem to still like it even though 1 in 6 is supposed to break...
Much more playable. And if you do it right and just reflow the GPU, and CPU chips it cant RRoD. And when it comes to modding, i mean come on its huge compared to the PSP. Another thing, PSP has small screen, :censored: graphics, and costs almost as much as the 360...

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 08:27:53 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:03:33 AM by W-Gaming5 »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 03:37:59 AM »
PSP's were only ever good for hacking and modding,there was no gameplay value really,but the xbox is really easy to mod,great selection of great games,xbox live and so on.
why spend 250$ on a psp go when you could get an xbox 360 with llike 4 games for that price!
Derp.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
You guy's really can't compare the PSP to the 360, it's unfair. The Xbox is a HOME CONSOLE of COURSE it has a bigger screen and more games/better graphics! If Sony tried to pack the power of a PS3/360 in a PSP I'm sure they would get it to work but then all you guy's would complain about the size and weight. 

I mean it would be fair to compare it to the PS3 or maybe even PS2 (unfair battle graphics wise).

But imo the PSP still dominates the portable gaming world. I think the only reason most people buy it is because it has multi-media compatibility.

I'd still buy a PSP over a DS.

Just voicing my thoughts

-Elite

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
Much more playable. And if you do it right and just reflow the GPU, and CPU chips it cant RRoD. And when it comes to modding, i mean come on its huge compared to the PSP. Another thing, PSP has small screen, :censored: graphics, and costs almost as much as the 360...
Up for debate

and if you do it wrong you have a messed up 360

they are equal when it comes to modding both in hardware and software.

Last time I checked the xbox 360 doesn't run on a battery and you don't need a freaking 42in screen in your POCKET.  4.3-5in is the perfect size for a portable any bigger you won't be able to fit it in your pocket without looking like a dork.  Okay and one more thing near ps2 quality graphics in your pocket is better then it's competitor and worth the price even more so when it doesn't break as often as the 360.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:19 PM »
Ok guys stop with the FanBoyness and the console comparing....do I have to quote the rules at you?
wow im a local and im talking to 2 globals, *runs*

Well Im getting a Go because I love the fact that they are making it all digital we can listen to music/watch videos while the controlls are hidden, it is soo smexy and best of all I dont see a place for a warranty sticker :P

I already have a white Go preorderd at Gamestop (I know the guy and they arent supposed to take preorders for another week, pluss hes going to try and get it to me b4 release day) So those are my thoughts

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:05:44 AM by W-Gaming5 »

Offline semajNESS

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • THEsemajNESS
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
I'll just let my sig speak for itself.

EVERYONE HATES THE PSP GO!

Offline lol-russ

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • This ain't no armageddon
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
this is a real fanboy alert!
fisrt you cant compare a portable system to a home system
yes the psp go is small
it has a small screen
and it casts just almost as your :censored:ty console of yours

but your not mentioning the good part
its the first real portable console from sony!
yes it gfx sucks thats what you get from a portable console dumbass
and its harder to mod. and being harder means more challenges for us to face
if you complain of it being harder to mod then your not a modder n a way
a modder finds solutions fixes promblems and makes things better
isnt that what acidmods is for?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 10:36:52 AM »
it is so laughable the sony would be brazen enough to try and sneak a consumer shift towards DL games with this product.  Not only is there no discount from a UMD to the DL version, there is no current market pricing which means games that are bought from PSN will not see the discount they would see from an overstocked reseller or a used game market.  I dont think that there will be sales to buy cheap games from on PSN, the way there is with physical media.

Sony just showing that they are the faceless corporation that are screwing the consumer by pocketing the profits from zero packaging and shipping costs instead of passing the savings along to the consumer.  If a UMD costs $20, you have to expect that maybe $2-4 of that goes to media, packaging, instruction booklets, and shipping to the reseller.  Along with all that they even take away more usability from the consumer by tieing a game down to one machine or PSN account.. IE not borrowing or trading or selling of what you bought.

Its hard to count the ways that sony will profit from this shift in the way people buy their games, seems a bit ungrateful coming from a key player in a $10billion dollar industry that saw little or no effect from the recent economic stresses.

Dont get me wrong, sony is not the only one that will do this DL only sales thing, most all consoles have already started this shift.  However I would hope that consumers would send a message saying that it is not ok just to take profits and pocket them and not relay any of the savings to the consumer, espeacially at the expence of resellers. Lets face it, when you download a game versus buying a physical copy of the game for the same price they are not only making a profit from not manufacturing and shipping physical media and instructions, they are ensuring that your sale will not be resold or traded onto the used game market  as well as increasing their profit margins by not using resellers. 

I would guess that sony's profits will double and even tripple from each DL game sold, and who wants to bet the game designers wont see a dime of that increased revenue?

that being said ima probably hold off on gettting one these until we can see if sony is going to be grateful to the consumer that puts food in their mouth.... doesnt look like they will atm.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:39:36 AM by 802Chives »

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
i will buy one as soon as CFW makes it way onto it.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »
i will buy one as soon as CFW makes it way onto it.
+1

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »
I Want to, played with one today, damn its awesome.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Vlad

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP 1001 and PSP 2001 5.00 m33-6
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 05:32:20 PM »
You guy's really can't compare the PSP to the 360, it's unfair. The Xbox is a HOME CONSOLE of COURSE it has a bigger screen and more games/better graphics! If Sony tried to pack the power of a PS3/360 in a PSP I'm sure they would get it to work but then all you guy's would complain about the size and weight. 

I mean it would be fair to compare it to the PS3 or maybe even PS2 (unfair battle graphics wise).

But imo the PSP still dominates the portable gaming world. I think the only reason most people buy it is because it has multi-media compatibility.

I'd still buy a PSP over a DS.

Just voicing my thoughts

-Elite

I agree. PSP is MUCH better than DS. But I would never buy a PSP 3000 or PSP Go unless it can run custom firmware. I have a PSP 1000 with 5.00 m33-4. I like to use IR Shell to mess with the TV's in school or at a restaurant where they have TV's. I wonder why the PSP 1000 has an infrared port.
┌∩┐(◣ _ ◢) ┌∩┐

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal