Author Topic: Nub broken?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
Nub broken?
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »
My nub keeps making the same moves even when I don't press it. The problem is that even when I remove the nub (IE the module) it still keeps going. I don't know what the board under it is called or if I can fix/remove it. Does anyone know?
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: Nub broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50:47 AM »
It should move by itself with the nub removed. Your problem is caused bythe nub not making good contact with the motherboard. Look to make sure the clear rubber thing is still In it's place. It should be to the left of the LCD where the nub usually is.

If all else fails, you can solder the nub direct to the mobo, but this can be a bit difficult.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:09:43 AM »
I don't see a clear rubber thing. I guess I lost it... would a new one come with it, or can I find something like that at home depot?
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »
The clear rubber piece should actually be on the LCD bracket. It should be in like a little holder to the very left of the lcd.

It is a special part. You can find it on some websites, but no you won't be able to get it at home depot or a hardware store.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline kewlhotrod

• Club AM VIP
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Furry Expert.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
You have it from what I can tell.

On that picture you posted, on the far left of the bracket, look for a little rubber piece above the 4 large contacts.

From what I can tell in that image, you do have it. Try pushing it down a little.
Neighborhood Furry.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »
You must buy another rubber connector. If you do not want to wait for the shipping, just solder 30 gauge kynar wire from the contacts on the nub to the contacts on the motherboard. If you do not know how to solder small electronics, find someone who does. I would rather solder wires from the nub than messing with that small rubber piece. If for some reason the connector pad comes loose from your motherboard during soldering, take a sharp knife or something and scratch the green layer to expose the copper underneath. You may solder to that

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:01 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:04:21 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
I'm not sure what you all mean by solder it down. Do you know of a tutorial or images of it done?
kewlhotrod: I do not think I have it. I pressed and I think I might have lost it while I was touching it too much :whoosh:
Can I cut out a similar one out of some household product with a box cutter?

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
Just solder 30 gauge kynar wire from the contacts on the nub to the contacts on the motherboard.
 If for some reason the connector pad comes loose from your motherboard during soldering, take a sharp knife or something and scratch the green layer to expose the copper underneath. You may solder to that
All you need to know. If you need a picture or video, I will try and locate one for you

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 09:11:25 PM »
30 gauge is soft enough to move around right?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »
30 Gauge is very small yes.

Your welcome. :D

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Thank you very much Jumbo!
Is it okay if I just splice a cat5 cable and use those?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal