Author Topic: Uncharted: Drakes fortune  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Uncharted: Drakes fortune
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:14:09 PM »
I got this game a couple of days ago at gamestop after seeing the previews for uncharted 2.  Right off the bat I was amazed.

The Good
Drakes fortune is HUGE in the graphic department.  When you are walking around fields and buildings you will notice all the detail especially when you are in/around the water.  When your character gets into the water you will notice that his cloths actually GET wet  :laughing:

All this detail provides for nice gameplay too.  you have to climb and jump all around the map. at first you think that you can't grab/jump onto an object because of how other games are made DON'T think that here.  You CAN grab just about anything and you will be surprised at where you were supposed to go and how you go there.  Think exploring the jungle/ruins in real life, that's just about what it feels like here.

Cut scenes are great too.  Not too long but not too short.  The cut scenes tend to look more like actual gameplay instead of cut scenes but you get the drift.  :winker:

The Bad
The combat. 
Don't expect anything like Halo or Call of duty here this is a different game and it's not based on shooting.  However I think they could have done better on the combat.  It's hard to aim sometimes and really hard to pull off a headshot.  Sometimes you think you killed someone but he turns out to be still alive.  What I hate most is that it can 7-8 shots before he dies.   There is some good to the combat though The AI are VERY smart.  They will hid and take cover when you are shooting at them and will punch back when you get close to them or when you are brawling with them.  You will still have to try very hard to kill them don't get me wrong.

The graphics
Ok I bet you are what the heck Tri-edge why are you saying the graphics are bad when you just said the were good? while that's not what I am talking about.  the graphics are Surpurb WHEN YOU ARE ON A HDTV otherwise it can be hard to play on.  Just a fair warning to those still without a high quality tv.

The Final Line
Aside from the combat system and the graphics on lower quality tv's I give Uncharted drakes fortune a 8/10 and a very high recommendation to buy if you own a ps3.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal