Author Topic: (Hopefully) My new super Budget "Bang for your Buck" System for £200  (Read 1612 times)

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Triple core processor, 3GB ram, 500GB hard drive, The lot. For under £200 (not a gaming system, but fine for what I need it for).

Exact details:

AMD Phenom X3 Triple Core 8650 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 2MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Kingston 2gb Ddr2 1066mhz/pc2-8500 Hyperx Memory Cl5 + the ram I'm stealing from this system (1GB).

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM

Asus M2N68-AM SE2 7025 Socket AM2+ onboard VGA 6 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Galaxy 3 Black ATX Gamers Case + 650W PSU

Picture:

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
what is it with every one wanting to buy crappy plastic cases. this is acidmods!!!! go buy a antec 300 and mod it your self we have an image to up hold.

im being rather harsh, but seriously with computer cases the cheaper you buy your cases the cheaper you get. the cheaper cases will be made of a flimsy steel and the paint will chip easily. just a heads up

also power supply's that come with cases are prone to failure
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:13:20 PM by Tec_ »

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
I would get a decent case and a decent PSU but I'm really strapped for cash, and I can't deal with Celeron anymore.When I get more money I would probably upgrade.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
what is it with every one wanting to buy crappy plastic cases.

im being rather harsh, but seriously with computer cases the cheaper you buy your cases the cheaper you get. the cheaper cases will be made of a flimsy steel and the paint will chip easily. just a heads up

also power supply's that come with cases are prone to failure
I gotta agreem with tec here
1 the cheap cases that are made to look like a Good case suck
I mean A cheap case with no design is fine they work great for me,but If you want a cool case, spend some more $
2 I used to buy cheap cases, but I bought A antec Case, and It wasnt A mistake, Its really quite nice
3 Dude I wouldnt trust the powersupply, THEY ARE BOUND TO FAIL atleast In a week. Then It could ruin your mobo, blow your hdd, burn leds,fans etc. Its not worth It dude. A psu Is like the Heart of a pc.
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
i have a generic cheap case but i bought one looked really plain and simple ... Its black with a silver bezel kind of the thing around the front... Looks fine !
Suprisingly the psu which came with it (160 watts) is working very well still ! Its been working fine for the part 6 years !!! Maybe i just got lucky :) 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
i have a generic cheap case but i bought one looked really plain and simple ... Its black with a silver bezel kind of the thing around the front... Looks fine !
Suprisingly the psu which came with it (160 watts) is working very well still ! Its been working fine for the part 6 years !!! Maybe i just got lucky :) 
hmm well, low powered ones hapen like that. You got lucky then

also guys, can somebody bumb this for me? Its falling down and I need it bumbed
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=31077.0
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Im guessing your buying that from ebuyer (I buy from there alot lol)

They have a 500W Coolermaster for like £45 there somewhere (Or a 700W Arctic Power like mine for same price)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal