Author Topic: So fed up with jumbo  (Read 1687 times)

Offline xSLICKVICx

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
So fed up with jumbo
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:50:18 AM »
Well heres my story about my psp. During the month of december I bought a brand new darth vader edition slim for $200 from this local seller. I checked out all the modder for hire people and came to conclusion that jumbo would be the one modding my psp. With out not even a week of playing my psp i have already made a transaction with jumbo. I give him $60 and a lot of psp phat parts and in return i would get just about every thing you can do to a psp led wise. Now after sending it off i recieved it in the mail in a little over a month. I quickly found defects. The memory stick led would not turn on and i couldnt connect my psp to my pc. Seeing these problems i contacted jumbo and he offered to fix it. So i sent it back. Here we are in the ending month of june and my psp is still not here. Jumbo has stated that hes been sick  and what not but 5 months of waiting seems a long wait for a psp to be modded dont ya think? He hasnt even tried to contact me at all and he knows my aim, youtube, msn and acidmods account. Tell me what you guys think about this if i need to just chill and wait more longer or if i have waited too long. Im just so fed up with jumbo it feels like theres no hope of getting my $260 psp back :cry2:

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: So fed up with jumbo
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:42:18 AM »
I suggest you wait and try to speak to him. He is a respected modder and will never con you... I think he is too busy atm coz he doesnt come here much. If nothing else, then talk to Robin (Mactastic Mendez). He may be able to get in touch with Jumbo and sort things out but i cant be certain about that....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:48:52 AM »
yeah jumbo's a good guy, and he has been sick, so keep talking, but dont flip otherwise you'll make it difficult.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:53 AM »
im sure he has alot of things to do, conceding he has all the things(mods)backed up. so best bet is to wait b/c i know its hard to work on more than one thing at a time. send a email, and ask nicely im sure you will hear something.

see below, i knew he would get back with you.....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:37:28 AM by injungleist »
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »
I was messed up and fed up with not having a life and went out for some vacation im back and working on it now.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:10:42 AM »
To xSLICKVICx

Hey man Jumbo has had my Ice Silver PSP for a while now as well, and I understood why it had been taking so long. There was even a post in General Discussions where he addressed what was going on in his life. So try contacting him instead of expecting him to contact you. You never know, he might be too busy because he's working on your PSP.

Be patient. Look at his reviews and his work. Understand you won't be scammed and that these things alone take time, having outside influences that absorb your free time as well is a factor as well. You'll get your psp, you'll love it when you do and you'll forget about the waiting period.

-TwisT

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:14:44 AM »
Dude, just keep waiting like me, for my $260 that paypal owes me!!!

Offline xSLICKVICx

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »
Alright well i just ill keep waiting. I never thougt by sending my psp all these things would happen to jumbo. when ever i get it ill post my review up on jumbos mfh reviews.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »
Dudes just chillax and don't get yourselves worked up,let jumbo speak rather than just blackening his name over something so trivial,jumbo's a good dude and as was said earlier he's sick,and I'm sure he doesn't need this hassle right now.
Just wait and see how things pan out is all.
Derp.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
Did anybody even see that Jumbo posted in here?
Geez. You're all posting as if the guys posts are invisible.

Meh.

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
I was messed up and fed up with not having a life and went out for some vacation im back and working on it now.
like i said let him catch up. i think someones state of mind is more important then a psp. i personally would want someone with some focus to do a mod. i know how it is to just want a break from things. i think alot of people owe him alot of respect due to the fact he has been here (modding world) and doing great things for everyone after him to use as great info. and i think if the man wants a month off and is backed up so be it. he is working on getting thing cought up and pressure never helps. i truly think after jumbo posted that should have been the end of that. people are more apt to freak out then have some patience. thanks
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
like i said let him catch up. i think someones state of mind is more important then a psp. i personally would want someone with some focus to do a mod. i know how it is to just want a break from things. i think alot of people owe him alot of respect due to the fact he has been here (modding world) and doing great things for everyone after him to use as great info. and i think if the man wants a month off and is backed up so be it. he is working on getting thing cought up and pressure never helps. i truly think after jumbo posted that should have been the end of that. people are more apt to freak out then have some patience. thanks

I agree, By baggering the guy to get results may not be the best idea. It really doesn't help the work or quality. Besides, he's had a few problems recently. I was very jumpy when i sent my first psp off to 4dP. took 2-3 months to complete due to a delivery problem with some leds. totally not his fault but i did get worried. in the end it works out better for you and the modder if your patient.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:35:31 PM by ApheX »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal