Author Topic: adding phone to phat psp  (Read 1450 times)

Offline linkin2b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
adding phone to phat psp
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:51:16 AM »
SO...

Ive seen a few people attempt this and not many successful ones.

im trying, but im not microcomputer genius or soldering pro. or anything near a good modder. i just wanted to try something and this is what ive gotten so far.

I've got my UMD drive completely removed for space and in the process of making brackets.

my two issues are power and sound. i have conceded the fact that getting visuals onto the psp are next to impossible. so im jsut going to use the lcd screen that came with the phone. not sure how yet. ill figure it out. oh yeah. i has a camera too... lol

anyways. the phone will run off of usb connection alone. so my theory is that if i can find a way to get power to it, i can sorta use a switch in between and turn it on and off when i want. but where would i need to connect to in order to supply power? i have a phat psp and have done the usb charge mod. is there a way to hook into there to draw power? im pretty sure ill use the wifi switch for it, any suggestions?

im gonna post some pictures of what im thinking of. the phone has a microphone so thats ok.

any idea or suggestions on where i should put the lcd at would be much appreciated. its designed with really skinny cables so maybe behind the wifi card?

anyways hope to get some responses to this, seeing as im kinda at a stand still till i get some ideas. hope to hear from you soon. and a pre-emptive thank you.

A shot of the pieces

showing the thickness and a rough fit.

jsut another shot

sorry its blurry

well its 4 am here and ive been tinkering all night sooo, ill snap more photos tomorrow and upload them maybe some of the lcd by the rear of the wifi.

Offline conker

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • working on bluetooth file transfer for psp
Re: adding phone to phat psp
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »
Hi there
I was intrigied with this because i have done it previously for my blue tooth mod and would like to help you out with homebrew for it (already made) if you can give me some credit at the end or in a tutorial
if you want to do everything through usb make sure that you get a big pic -one with lots of inputs and outputs
or alternatly you can make a .jar on your phone and code that(probably easier) which takes input from the socket on the bottom or side and inturprets those signals to control the phone
PSP Bluetooth Mod is Nearly working can send files just need to get it running off psp battery power
what ever deosn't kill you makes you stronger, thats probably why im gonna die soon            XBL should be free

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »
for the power, just use the +5v source on the motherboard. Then use the wifi switch as the ground. That way you can turn on and off power supply to the phone when you want.

Since the USB of the phone runs off of 5v anyway, there should be no need for resistors.

I'd just put the LCD into the umd drive where the ring is. You already have it cut out so it should be pretty easy. What I'd be more worried about is the keypad. It's gonna be really hard to press if your planning to put it in the umd drive.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline linkin2b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
@conker yeah thatd be awesome dude, so lemme get this straight is it gonna control the phone via bluetooth? or would it actually control the phone? im confused on what exactly the homebrew would do.

@rceckspurt13 yeah i see what you mean, not sure on placement yet, might have to go with another model of phone for size issues. but everything should be able to wire up pretty easily.

so i think upon dis-assembly i broke the lcd from the phone itself, which sucks. so i may have to use a razr, which is basically the same thing jsut a little wider, i may be able to work that in alot easier though, not sure gonna tear it apart tonight. still not 100% that the other one is dead.

Post Merge: June 29, 2009, 04:08:41 PM
so i figured out that the motorola pebl u6 that i was intending to use didnt have bluetooth ability and i have 3 razr v3's laying around that all do so im gonna use a razr, makes mroe sense considering they were designed compact.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:08:41 PM by linkin2b »

Offline conker

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • working on bluetooth file transfer for psp
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:02:25 AM »
probably easier to do it without blue tooth what  i meant to say (sorry) was i used the same idea of the bluetooth mod that you could use to control the phone with more functions
I could start writing up some .jars for motorolas but not having one my self i will adapt the one i have at the moment
@rceckspurt
ye usb is 5v but most phones wont turn on unless the battery is in and you could run it of the battery and send signals so it only charges when the ac adpater is plugged in (using some existing .prx's that alter the psp go cam)
this makes it out put +5.0volts for as long as you code it to reply later because i think im 5 hour time difference but will start altering my old code if i find it

The homebrew sends strings of codes out the headphone port which would be wired into your phone's headphone port (not the actual mic because it doesn't work) then the code strings will be picked up by an audio recognizer (tuned to pick up exact codes/frequencies) this in turn controls the phone through the .jar
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:06:33 AM by conker »
PSP Bluetooth Mod is Nearly working can send files just need to get it running off psp battery power
what ever deosn't kill you makes you stronger, thats probably why im gonna die soon            XBL should be free

Offline linkin2b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »
hmmm i mean initially jsut getting the phone to work would be the idea. but theres no reason after that i couldnt expand into your bluettoth and use that. so sure write it up im looiing more into editing the phones control files etc seeing if there isnt something i could utilize there. also gonna take a look at the ericsson i got to see if somewhere the connection smaybe match up. both made by sony. so at this point im jsut trying to edit the phone files and looking at diagrams seeing the schematics so i can figure out how to make it work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal