Author Topic: Slim nub mod (make them taller?)  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
Slim nub mod (make them taller?)
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:09:07 AM »
I'm not looking to add dual nubs, but I didn't see a topic to show nubs to be higher on the board. Is there a way to do this? I remember on the fats I could take the cover off and put a piece of toilet paper on the stand, but this seems impossible on the slim. Can anything be done to mod it? (Sorry for the confusing language, I just want to make the nub taller, not put it say, where the speakers are.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:11:07 AM by Nausicaa »
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: Slim nub mod (make them taller?)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
I get what you're saying, and I really think that the only way to do this would be to maybe use a dab of glue on the tip of the stand, and then set the nub to the proper height, keeping it in place as the glue dries.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:16:59 AM »
you could use bondo or smething, and mould on an extra part to the nub to make it higher... Not sure about structural stability though.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:50 AM »
I was thinking about that but wouldn't putting glue on it make it, well immobile? Or are you suggesting I move the whole module (and stick a piece of cardboard etc on the bottom)? I'm not sure if thats possible, are there any in depth tutorials/resources on this? I haven't seen any images/descriptions of the mod I am trying to make.
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
Not many people try this.... And actually, rethinking my idea, it won't work.... Sorry.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline 000Hawk000

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
hi m8

you could just cut the top off another nub and glue it to the top of the origional.

if this dos'nt make any sence then ive misunderstood you so ignore this comment  :laughing:

Hawk

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 06:47:22 AM »
I'm not sure if that would work. If they were the same size there would be tension. But you got what I meant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal