Author Topic: The Conduit [wii]  (Read 2193 times)

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
The Conduit [wii]
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
The Conduit, made by High Voltage software and SEGA, is the best first person shooter for the wii console almost completely leveling the playing field between nintendo, microsoft, and sony. using their own custom engine, High Voltage, is able to do so much more than normal games, although the graphics are perfect they are still a lot better than any other wii game out there. This game is made specifically for the wii remote and wii nunchuch, so of course the controls are going to be a bit flimsy with the out of reach buttons on the wiimote, but luckily for everyone in the options menu of the pause screen you can remap every single control aside from moving and aiming, meaning if you wanted fire to be the 2 button and jump to be C then you can have that, this feature is much like computer games where they offer the much needed flexibility, even going as far as to allow the customization of the dead zone on the screen, meaning the area on the screen that you can have the wii mote aimed at without moving the view. all of which allow for a fully customized feel for the player, oh one more thing, you can even move around the information points on the HUD. if you dont like the weapon and ammo viewer of the hud in the default upper right hand corner then you can move it to a more comfortable area.

antoher good thing about this game is the computer AI, if an enemy knows it has no chance it will actually turn and run away instead of thinking it has a chance, they will also group together and try to ambush you, which may not be unique but it is definately different on the wii whereas they will work together and cover eachother instead of just sending out waves and waves of enemies.

as for the online it could use a bit of improvement, there seems to be a bit of lag with players warping around and bullets not going where you want them to go, but it does provide for a fun experience when your not dead.

that is all for now for my review, i will probably update this more when i get back
It's been a long time

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: The Conduit [wii]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
Well the online play you can't blame the game for it. :p Wii online just blows. Period.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
yeah, to be completely honest, the wii is a horrible system for online fps games, but for the storymode its is a bit repetitive but the frustration will keep u going
It's been a long time

Offline hurley

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »
thanks i was wondering about this game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal