Author Topic: What is the minimal amount of parts for a 'working psp'?  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
What is the minimal amount of parts for a 'working psp'?
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »
I would like to buy a partial PSP to just connect to my computer and play games off it. :dntknw:
If I bought a main board, I would need just need the power board and then connecting it via USB to my computer?
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: What is the minimal amount of parts for a 'working psp'?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
well the minimal is a wifi board, motherboard, and the two control boards (i forgot the correct name square circle and left right up and down ect.) and powerboard. but thats basically everything in a psp.

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »
So it needs the wifi board to run?
If Abu dies without regenerating while participating in an attack or defense, all creatures Abu is blocking or being blocked by are also killed and may not regenerate.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »
There is no wifi board in a psp-2000. The wifi antennae is completely seperate from anything and you do NOT need it. To get the psp to turn on, i think a mobo and powerboard is all you need... but of course you can't really do anything with it without buttons to control it. Plus if you wanted to use it to play games on the computer, you would have to install CFW blind, and then run the program blind, so it'd be useful to have an LCD too.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:42:48 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »
how would you play games on your computer?
Remotejoy with cfw can only run SOME (not much) Homebrew apps with no sound glitchy.
You can't play Iso/cso, pops, or most homebrew.
So you would need psp speakers if you wanted sound for listening to music,some homebrew, and xmb stuff.

If you wanna cheap psp
Just buy a psp with a broken screen from ebay for 20-30$.
then buy a screen (I think slim screens are like 40$) and replace it.

dude i played ps1 games fine so i don't see why isos/most homebrew won't work.

But I agree - just get a cheap, full psp.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 12:15:48 AM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:42:40 AM by W-Gaming5 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 06:02:18 AM »
What are you talking about... Remotejoy workes fine for all ISO's and CSO's I play games on my monitor all the time, sound is 100% too.

Lol at the PSP 2000 wifi bored thing... :rofl:

Well as justin said all really needed (electronics wise, besides the backplate and other little plastic bits and pieces. TECHNICALLY just the motherboard and power socket. But a PSP without all the "bell's and whistles" but functional, Motherboard, power socket, power board, ABXY bus wire, d pad bus wire, LCD and ETHER 1 speaker lol or the AV daughter board.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
There is no wifi board in a psp-2000. The wifi antennae is completely seperate from anything and you do NOT need it. To get the psp to turn on, i think a mobo and powerboard is all you need... but of course you can't really do anything with it without buttons to control it. Plus if you wanted to use it to play games on the computer, you would have to install CFW blind, and then run the program blind, so it'd be useful to have an LCD too.
oh haha my bad im so used to being in the psp fat section.  :huh:

Offline Nausicaa

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Abu Ja'far
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »
Ah, I see. The thing is that I was thinking about purchasing a slim board and just hooking it up to my computer after I put on M33 and using my 360 controller. I do have a fat that just has problem after problem, maybe I'll do it for that one instead. Thanks a lot everyone, I'll just buy a broken one instead of a few parts.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:01:37 AM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:42:24 AM by W-Gaming5 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal