Author Topic: Need help, confused on instructions  (Read 1217 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Need help, confused on instructions
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
Im alittle confused on Modded Matt directions from his Thread on rapidfirehttps://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25338.0

Ive posted my work https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=30372.msg225470#msg225470  but had to take a break cause personal issues.

I've got my things together and i want to finish this controller but im confused on a direction, either its not being to clear or im being a blond.

In either cause can i use a quick hand

near the end of modded matts instruction i have to solder pin3 to a switch,Ive solder one side but i dont know where to solder the other line to.

second i'm having issues with where to drill the hole. In the instructions it said to drill 1/4 hole between the d pad and the right stick, is it on the cover i have to drill or on the board, i'm not all good with any kind of face lifts on the board right now. i know i will sound like such an idiot but i'm burned out right now from my work i need to finish this mod and get it to my friend who wants to try it out.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:25:36 PM by The End of A Heartache »
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Need help, confused on instructions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:15:18 PM »
It's modded matt, not modders matt.

For the other wire, you're going to solder it to the other side of the switch.
Since yours is soldered to the pin circled in blue, you're going to want to solder to the opposite one(either of them).
Let's say the pin you already used is the bottom left pin, okay? In that case, you want to wire the other wire to the top right pin or the bottom right pin.

For the hole, you don't necessarily need that. It's only if you want to have a switch to turn the rapidfire on or off.
If you want the switch, all you're doing is finding a place that the switch you have will fit and drilling a hole in the faceplate (NOT THE BOARD) to make it fit.
If you drill a hole in the board, you'll kill your controller for good.

If that was too confusing let me know. Best of luck.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
ok so it looks like you are bout done, what type of mod are you doing? are you following the tut or have you deveated? if you ae following the tut it looks likeyou have the wrong switch. looks like you have a momentart switch.

the tut is for a simi-sleeper LOL, the rapid fire works on the trigger, you need to be able to turn it on an off, use a spst switch or use one pole of a double pole switch.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
 pspkicks316 - Thank you that is actually very helpful... i guess im so drained from 16 hour of work my brain went dead on things... modded matt... oops thanks ill fix that.. hope he doesn't get mad cause i goofed on his title. yeah i need to add two of the hole one for the on/off switch the other for the pot, i guess ill see what i can do for the pot. maybe make it easy and set it on the top cover.

Modded Matt - yeh close to finishing. cant really test to see if it works ganna wait till my friend picks me up so we can try it out. No its a double pole push switch i think... not momentary

random is fun

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
good call on the board and the hole kicks.

in my tut I use a on off switch and put it in the top of the shell. I drill two 1/4 holes above eachother and conect them for the switch to glue in, it must be able to slide up and down. then using the transistor, it fires rapidly through the trigger...

but other guys have used a switch like you have, wired like kicks said, and I think they left off the transistor, keeping the resistor, and drill a 1/4 hole in the bottom when you can get to nice and use that button as a second trigger (button that fires rapid, and then the normal trigger)

I will redo this tomorrow if you can wait and finish the install pics, as I have no other mod for this weekend

you have a tactswitch

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
 Modded Matt - Ok, yeah for confer and reliability i'm going to set the on/off button on the bottom where the index finger on the right hand sits on the controller. I'm going to use the transistor and resistor and see how it works. the pot i think i might change it out cause i want to be able to readjust it to all kinds of games either ill add a hole ontop near where the rumble pack was on the right or ill lay it on the side. i can wait till tomarrow im in no rush, besides i dont want to make any kinds of misstakes that can permently break my controller. I'm tired and i think i should sleep.. been on monster and 5 hour energy shot i'm on a crash

random is fun

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
I will take install picks in the morning, I will have to uninstall and reistall, as I am not using a new controller for this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal