Author Topic: Need help - modding chip  (Read 1693 times)

Offline simon66

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need help - modding chip
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »
Hey I googled avery were and Im looking to mod my 360 to play backed up games. I really dont care about the price. I want a chip the is unbanable from live ( or close from being undetected). I kind of noticed that there are different kind of chips for different xbox disk drivers. I have to clue which drive is mine. I found chip thing called "The Xecuter Blaster 360" im not surre what it does, but can I play backedup games with it? and is it steathly? Thnx

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
Re: Need help - modding chip
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
i'm pretty sure modchips are against the rules here, but it sounds like you want to flash your drive.

heres a page to help you figure out what drive you have, but seeing as i haven't actually flashed a drive yet thats as much as i can help you. hopefully some more experienced member will help you out with it.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

Offline simon66

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
how can I play backedup games? What is a flash drive? Im still lost in this things.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 06:47:28 PM »
you want to flash the firmware in your dvd drive on your xbox. im not exactly sure what makes it work for backups (and remember, legal backups only here, you have to own the game to legally own a backup copy of it)
theres tons of youtube videos of it out there. not exactly sure why nobody else has helped you out here yet

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
if you want me to flash your drive to play backups, PM me, flashing is $25 with return shipping  :victory:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline simon66

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 09:04:10 PM »
yea. but what is flashing? Does it mean that I can play backedup game? Is it steathly?

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »
Ok your DVD drive has a certain firmware (firmware is code) if you flash (re-write the code) with custom firmware you can tell the DVD drive to do different things that normal firmware can't. SO if you flash it with hacked firmware yes..you can back-up games and I'm pretty sure you can play them. I don't know how it all works and how its all setup. Personally I wouldn't flash it..just buy the games...and there are a few firmwares out there that are undetectable but eventually Microsoft figures it out so its a never ending battle....not worth the trouble.

If you still want it done...I'd take Blackburns offer. I trust the guy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:32:46 AM by Max_Kreeger »

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 01:36:14 AM »
Ok your DVD drive has a certain firmware (firmware is code) if you flash (re-write the code) with custom firmware you can tell the DVD drive to do different things that normal firmware can't. SO if you flash it with hacked firmware yes..you can back-up games and I'm pretty sure you can play them. I don't know how it all works and how its all setup. Personally I wouldn't flash it..just buy the games...and there are a few firmwares out there that are undetectable but eventually Microsoft figures it out so its a never ending battle....not worth the trouble.

If you still want it done...I'd take Blackburns offer. I trust the guy.
lol thanks Max, yeah Ive done a lot of drives (20+) a few from this forum actually.  Like I said earlier, if you need your drive modded just send me a PM or say so here

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
this convesation needs to be pm from hence forward. it may  be ok to discuss what it is and pros and cons, but when it comes to paying someone to preform a illigal software hack for profit, or for free for that matter, needs to be discussed off the forum

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »
right... just to re-itterate what Matt said, its like for you PSP guys who flash custom firmware, the writers of that firmware did not write it for you to make a profit for flashing.  the firmwares are developed for opensource distribution.  Not that I dont think blackburn deserves to get paid for his work, just that it is really a taboo topic cuz the people who really worked hard to make it happen, get nil, notta, squat.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »
right... just to re-itterate what Matt said, its like for you PSP guys who flash custom firmware, the writers of that firmware did not write it for you to make a profit for flashing.  the firmwares are developed for opensource distribution.  Not that I dont think blackburn deserves to get paid for his work, just that it is really a taboo topic cuz the people who really worked hard to make it happen, get nil, notta, squat.
I agree with you Chives 100% about open source distribution. But, basically you are paying for the labor and responsibility of someone else drive. I have been thinking of trying of trying to find a way to donate to the dev team, but I have yet to do it.  :psp:

I hope you understand,
Thanks  :victory:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 08:09:48 AM »
yup, $25 is a fair deal for flashing. just as long as people understand it is for the physical labor of opening and flashing, and not the actual firmware.  It would be good for people to donate to the dev teams as without them it couldnt happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal