Author Topic: strange problem..  (Read 1910 times)

Offline pomandrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
strange problem..
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:12:03 AM »
Hi, I am hoping you may be able to offer some wisdom/guidance regarding a recent console repair. The unit required top LCD, shell and hinge. Since performing this repair, the battery life has reduced significantly (<1 hr. runtime). I tried substituting the battery from another unit, problem remained, while the 'suspect' battery powered the other console normally. While timing the battery life after full recharge (console in idle state,no cart inserted) I noticed that the console speakers were unusually warm, and when a headphone jack is plugged in, the power indicator changes from red to green, and console speakers remain cool, so I feel it is a fair assumption the issue lies in the audio circuit. Having said that I have a couple of points of confusion..
 a) Both speakers are getting warm, when there are seperate power wires for each channel.
 b) The headphone speakers do not get warm (I am using a cheap pair of 'bud' style 'phones)
 c) The speakers in the console continue to function normally despite the apparent excessive current flow

Thank you for your time, it is sincerely appreciated. Especially if you are able to help :)

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: strange problem..
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
sounds like a circuits gone bad or somethings shorted out. I'd want to say that the electrical circuits gone bad from the battery, but they are getting hot from excess electricity. I cant say why because im not familiar with NDS's. Oh and this is in the wrong place.

Offline pomandrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:25:20 AM »
I put it here 'cos I was hoping it might have been a stupid question with an easy answer..

Offline pomandrew

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »
..turns out the problem is a leaky capacitor, quick fix is to install extra cap's in the speaker wires..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal