Author Topic: Sound Mod help  (Read 1103 times)

Offline matv90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Sound Mod help
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:02:04 PM »
hi i am new in this of modding psp so i have a lot of questions

first of all i want to now the difference between solderind the led directly to de speakers or using a transistor or amplifier, i am talking about a psp slim

well my question is if i want to use more that 1 led per speaker do i have to conect them in paralel, haw many blue leds do i cant use per speaker?

i think with that im fine for now but if anyone have a diagram or photos to know where are mass and v+ conections in the motherboard of the slim can you share them

thanks for answering

Offline hevitikku

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sound Mod help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:23:10 AM »
Well.. With transistor they are most reactive and with amp the less. Amp is said that it makes sound quality better (haven't noticed any diffrence) and you can use wifi switch to turn leds off, witch is impossible/hard with direct contact and transistor as far as i know. I personally like the transistor mod the most.

Yes you have to connect them in parallel.

I have seen that people have connected like 10+ LED:s to one speaker so you can connect lots of them they just go little dimmer at some point. One speaker holds pretty easily up to 4 LED:s.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:42:09 AM »
With the transistor mod, you can have as many as the 5V point can power. I've seen psp's with 30-40 leds.

Offline matv90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
thank for all, i am thinking to put 1 led per botton so it would be 5 per speaker
and about the wifi button i have a 2 pin dip switch so i will use this

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal