Author Topic: wolfinstine  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
wolfinstine
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
this is a great game I am having loads of fun playing the single player..the graphics are wonderful..story is deep and interesting.

worth a look

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
Re: wolfinstine
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »
I have to say I'm the other side of the coin here. Just not got into the game at all. Found it a bit slow, boss fights are obviously set up from the stacks of ammo you are suddenly gifted. The gold and tomes mean that you're constantly searching the map between fights.

After playing the COD games and considering what half life-2 added to the FPS genre I'd say it was pretty average.

It does seem that there are very much two camps on the game though. I'm glad I rented it for £6 rather than stump up full price, I'd advise anyone interested to do the same.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
Really i never knew they had it for 360 thought it was only for PC.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:11:52 AM »
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory on the PC is still worth a look, multiplayer only but oh so good!
Oh and free!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 05:29:04 AM »
slow? idk about that lol. yea the boss fights are plotted...arnt all games boss fights plotted? everyone has an openion. I personally like to seach for things, and fight my way through in doing so. and the graphics...WOW.. they are amazing. and the reactions of the enemy when you hit them with an axe or something is great.

the multiplayer is disapointing though. I buy almost every new game as its released so this is just one more in my colection.. it may be good to rent this and play through the great campain on the weekend if your strapped for cash, as the multiplayer is not that good.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
Yea the enemy territory is sweet online i liked it. Hmm i never tried WOW i was thinking about it.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
I know why there are two camps on this game, one camp is the over 25 crowd and the other is the under 25 crowd.  The reason I say this is the over 25 crowd for the most part had their first FPS experiences with this games original namesake.  I will always have a soft spot for anything wolfenstein as that first game that came out was amazingly fun and a whole new genre was born from it(which I am now highly addicted to)  I guess the same goes for anything Doom or Dukem Nukem as well but I can remember loading Wolfenstien on my dads PC and spending my entire summer playing it when it came out(or shortly after).  The younger crowd probably doesnt have the same amount of respect for series as they didnt get to experience it as cutting edge technology. A new engine and high-end graphics and I am sold just because of its name and story.  could be a big steaming pile of poop, but with the name wolfenstienon it, it is bound to please the nostalgia crowd for sure.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
Chives... are u sure its should be over 25 ? coz i remember loving that game as a kid and i'm just gonna be 19 now.....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 12:56:22 PM »
Once again I am generalizing.. of course there are Under 25 that love this game and love wolfenstien for the same reasons I do.  There are over 25 that will dislike it as well even if they share the experiences I had as a youngster, but there is something about games that have a nostalgic presence that give them a kitchen pass from me, even if the gameplay is not as good, there is that little bit of you that feels like you did the first time you fell in love with it.

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
I think it's due to the nostalgia that I expected more from the game. As you mentioned playing the earlier games when cutting edge, I was expecting so much more, at least something new to the genre, something worthy of the name.

I thought it started well in the station but after that it lost the "i don't know what" (as the french say).

For the record, I'm 30 this year!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal