Author Topic: d-pad moves by itself o.o help needed thankyou  (Read 3939 times)

Offline TeaBubblez

• ~BubbleTea~
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
d-pad moves by itself o.o help needed thankyou
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »
hey. my d-pad seems to have a ghost, in which it moves by itself. even when i remove the ribon from the "mb", it still continues to move instead of stopping. This problem only occurs when i start playing a game, but not during xmb. Hope that you can help me.

Thanks,

TeaBubblez

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: d-pad moves by itself o.o help needed thankyou
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
Wow, that's a mad problem you have. I'm not sure what to recommend. When did this start? have you taken apart/dropped/Modded the console recently?

I'd check to d-pad ribbon port to see if there is any pins that are out of place, however i've never heard of that happening. The other thing you could try is re-flashing your PSP firmware. It maybe a FW problem so reinstalling it would fix it.

Offline TeaBubblez

• ~BubbleTea~
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »
well , i have limited knowledge on these things. i dont think that the pins are out of place because they work in xmb which should means that ingame it should work aswell. i tried downgrading it . ill try fixing it again den. it happend after i reopened the psp to fix one of the leds in which were broken

Post Merge: August 17, 2009, 05:24:35 PM
kai the problem seems to be the analog stick but not the d-pad. it seems for example when i play gundam, once i move the analog stick it seems to move uncontrollably, but at time when i tap the d-pad i can control it again.

now theres 2 possiblities: either a ) i have replace the analog module, or b ) the rubber on the right

does it matter which side the rubber is facing the mb?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:24:35 PM by TeaBubblez »

Offline jermain69

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »
My D-Pad creeps around too. I thought it was a bad joystick and removed that, but it still creeeps to the left on its own.

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »
well , i have limited knowledge on these things. i dont think that the pins are out of place because they work in xmb which should means that ingame it should work aswell. i tried downgrading it . ill try fixing it again den. it happend after i reopened the psp to fix one of the leds in which were broken

Post Merge: August 17, 2009, 05:24:35 PM
kai the problem seems to be the analog stick but not the d-pad. it seems for example when i play gundam, once i move the analog stick it seems to move uncontrollably, but at time when i tap the d-pad i can control it again.

now theres 2 possiblities: either a ) i have replace the analog module, or b ) the rubber on the right

does it matter which side the rubber is facing the mb?

*its the nub
*yes it does matter which sides, if you look very closely you can see small dots/line in the rubber.
*it happen because
1)got some dirt on the rubber
2)the rubber doesnt come in contact evenly with the mobo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal