Author Topic: so hows school going so far?  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
so hows school going so far?
« on: September 24, 2009, 04:23:07 AM »
some of you guys have changed schools (high school, move, new grade,  etc) let us know what you think. and how it is going. I will let this run for a few weeks, then archive it. we will start another thread at the end of the year and compare the two. should be a fun exercise.

to be clear. we are creating a time capsule so to speak. lets not cloud the thread with coments about other peoples posts. just post each of your thoughts about your school. have fun

GO!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:20:27 AM by modded matt »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: so hows school going so far?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:00:58 AM »
Sounds good... I'll start.

So I just got into high school (grade 9) and I'm definitely liking it more than middle school. You get more freedom, meet new people, etc. The teachers are much cooler too... One thing that kinda sucks though is that you get no recess, but oh well now we get a 1 hour lunch so I guess that compensates for it. Another thing is that now that there are different classes and you aren't always in the same class all day, I end up seeing some of my friends less as I don't have classes with them. All in all though, high school's pretty great and I think I'm definitely gonna enjoy school this year more than I did last year.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »
I moved into Year 10 of 11. So far it's the best one out of the lot. ALthough Science everyday and an after school lesson does suck, and maths and english are more frequent, but Media Studies is the balls :D

So yeah, so far so good!

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »
Well, as this is my second junior year, it kinda sucks. That and the fact that we have school uniforms at a public school that i can't really afford, it is making my education difficult to obtain.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:47:35 AM »
Yeah good so far but i dont get the americn system of schools , anyway i love fridays 1st three periods i have systems and control witch is basicly modding within the school curiculem and the for the last 3 ict so i get to play games in it it pretty damn awsome

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »
My school year is easy as sh :censored: t. I'm a senior in high school, I get out at 12:45PM every day and go to school at 9AM. So its not too shabby for me.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
School is ok so far I got good classes I see most of my friends  and  I like the food much better way better and I'm in high school 10 th grade it's cool and all and I can't wait to see how this year is going to be like
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:56:44 PM by young mone »

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
I'm trying to make this year different by being more active in my school. I am now a junior and taking 2 AP classes which i'm doing ok but should be studying more than I am. During the second week of school elections for class officers came and I successfully ran and won the junior class President. What I think won it for me were my posters cause of the photoshop skills I learned here. Joined yearbook and japanese club where I met this one girl I'm seeing. Going to get me a car this week an Aristo sorta like this

That was the good now the bad. basically slacking in class, people think i'm a jerk, alot more homework than i'm comfortable with, getting behind on modding

So far so good looking forward to the rest of the year

PINOY AKO

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
I'm in my junior year and it's going pretty good. I have a few easy classes, but then there's some really hard ones like A.P. psychology and A.P. physics. I'm also going to a half day program at a local private college for math and science and that keeps me pretty busy. I want to go to the U of M after high school so I'm taking harder classes, but I need to keep my GPA up too. Then I have soccer going on which takes up even more time, but it helps me to relax from the schoolwork which seems endless. This year is going to definitely be the hardest but it'll pay off later.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:37:19 PM by Ghost In Black »

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 07:41:51 PM »
Grade 9 is mkay, hate being a freshmen because it just sucks :P. My classes are pretty hard for the most part, except for Geometry and Algebra 2 since math is my forte. Having problems with my intro to engineering designs teacher, and with my music teacher. Physics is hard as :censored:. Now for the good parts, its not middle school which was pretty :censored:ty IMO, more freedom, teachers dont care that i text in class, more friends to hang out with(although alot of my friends went to the rival school :( ) ummm, we get out earlier.
Thats basically it, soooo this year kinda sux and cant wait till next year to get my permit.

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »
You're a freshman and already taking physics? Didn't you ever take biology or chemistry? That sucks though because physics is a lot easier if you understand calculus.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
I love school. Some people just hate it, but i love it. See friends, learn new things, i love learning things for some reason, and the girls. Lots of girls lol.

And i dont really care for modding anymore i just wanna go out with friends now. I think im almost done with modding.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
College its good except the expenses. But i get plenty of homework plus searching a job.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »
9th grade is sick. its like 8th grade with more freedom, easier work, and full of rediculously hot girls that dont do all the drama crap. plus im at school with all my older friends again.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »
School is great, daking drafting & design 3, head of the class, Computers are hp x6600's 2.33 quad core, 8 gb ram, 1 GB nvidias

I <3 my iTec people

and taking physics and Calculus.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »
My story:

Moved over the summer to a new city. Senior year (grade 12) and at a brand new school where you know no-one. Fun :censored:ing joy.

Now that you know my situation, I actually don't mind it. Got friends scattered here and there now, and I have the easiest :censored:ing courses in life: Grade 10 art, grade 12 gym, and 11 photograph. Last period is a spare, so I'm off at 1:30 every day :D

Job hunting right now because I have wayy to much free time, and boredom encompasses a good part of my day. It sucks when no-one hires. Also sucks when you got no money.

[rant]
You know how McDonalds is supposedly always hiring?

Not the one near me. fml

[/rant]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal