Author Topic: Rapid tap abxy  (Read 4425 times)

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Rapid tap abxy
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »
hi guys ok today i was playing around with rf on abxy
i got it to work on extra tactile using hazers 4mode code.
then i thought bout, how the pad works a bit (it made my head hurt)
n thought ok so say for B im running the rf signal to a tactile and then to the top contact for b (cg pad type)
but if i cut the trace to the bottom contact then run the rf signal to there (no tactile) it works as rf wen i push the b button which is all good
but wen rf is off u get no b at all
so i was wondering bout changing the 4mode to a 2 mode with quick mode change (not hold for 6second mode change) and get rid of the tap on/off function
set mode 1 to say 250sps or anthing fast enough so the pad registers it as a push and hold (to imitate the original function of the face button)
and mode 2 to bout 5-10sps for the rf function
yeah it would mean all face buttons will be controlled by 1 rf signal so all will turn on and off together but at the mo this is only experimental
wot i realy need ahand with is editing the code if any1 can help out a bit that would be great
ill post more details of this pad i i experiment mor

ok bit of a update or more thought bout the code change,
leave it 4mode
but mode 1 and 3 set to 250sps (fast enought so the pad register s as a push and hold of a button
and modes 2 and 4 set to 10sps (rf on button wat ever speed works best in the end ,needs mor test before decind ing on afinal fire rate.)
and change modes 3 and 4 so the led only blinks 1 and 2
also still change the tap on off function in the kit to hold for say 10 second (over evan remove this subroutine as its not needed with this as modes 1 and 3 are off or well push and hold of the face buttons)
then change the hold button 4seconds to hold for 0.5 sec (or a tap) to change between modes 1,2,3,4 or off, on, off, on. im try to do this method at the mo but im no coder so am a bit lost n its all really guess work while editing the code. plz help

ok scrap that mode 1 set to 500sps or
FIRERATE1      equ      0x1
in the asm
still doesnt registor as a push n and hold on the face buttons

would there be any way to change mode 1 or firerate 1 to a constant signal (push n hold) instead of a pulse signal (rf)

i also removed mode/firerate 3,4 but now wen changing through modes it goes start
mode 1
push n hold
mode 2
push n hold
mode 1
push and hold
back to start

hmm ??? 
maybe a whole new code is needed
just a simple to mode1 with tap of e extra button or the sync button to switch between the 2 odes
mode 1 would be a constant pulse
mode to would be a rf pusle about 10sps
hmmmmmmm?????????

mor updates
i ad another thought instead of changing the modes say 1234 to 1 constant signal and 3rf signal
maybe change the left trigger function of the kit (dont forget im playing around with hazers 4mode code, gameplay rf)
yeah change the left trigger to a constant signal not pulse
so wire both left and right trigger signals to say B (bottom contact) also cut the trace to the bottom contact.
then wen left trigger is on and u push b you get standard wroking b and turn that off and right trigger on to get rf on the b
tis all theory

yeah i got it working as rf on the original b but have lost the standard b fuction arg
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:25:01 AM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: Rapid tap abxy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:51 AM »
ok ive done it.
 started with lots of tactile buttons.
hazers 4mode code set all speeds to 10sps
a CG pad (cg is good matrix is BAD dosnt work at all)

i wired 4 tactiles on the back of the pad to the vias for ABXY
then all 4 of them to the LEFT trigger output on the chip.
then wired to the pl3 led for the left trigger indiction.
and finally wired the left tactile to the sync instead to  minimise extra buttons (as there are already 4 on the back 1 for each abxy.)

ok so turn pad on
tap sycn so pl3 led lights up n then hold tactiles on the back and hey presto rf ABX or Y

this is good for som games. such as alien hominid hd arcade game.
you got top tap x to fire ur gun
gears 2 for chainsaw battles . hold standard b to start a battle then release n hold rf b on the back.

wot would be nice is if some1 who can actually right code's would make this properly cos wot i've done is just a blag. but does fine n is fun lol

Post Merge: October 03, 2009, 02:53:17 AM
re:::
i did try this on a matrix but wen any of the extra tactiles are pushed it activates nearly all the functions of the pad in 1 lol funny to watch but no use at all.

RE:
im going to be doing this mod for a friend soon, well just the B (for gears) so will be writting up a tut for it if any1 is interested.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 04:24:25 PM by spurgurgle »

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
Just feel like adding a reply..lol  :tup:

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
please dont bump or spam old topics... if you had a question on this topic you could of pm'd me.

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline ninelime

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
Oh this is actually really good news for me, so it's a bmu sleeper mod and the LT is hooked to the face buttons?

Do me a favor and go into COD4 or MW2 and hold the Y RF while holding right trigger let me know if that does the same as my 555 mod (jitter mod we were talking about in the other thread), the main problem with doing the turbo on the Y is getting it to the right fire rate but I'm sure once it was found it could be set into code. I'm saying all this because I like having a press and hold button for Y turbo, PIC is easier to make this on parts wise, and the current pic jitter mod is always on until you toggle it off, an "on demand" momentary solution is my interest.

Also, did you wire it up as a CG with pin 4 going up to pin 5? or as a matrix? I know when the CG controllers don't have the bridging wire they fire continually maybe that's how you had it hooked up.

This is odd nobody cares to reply to your thread I found it very interesting.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:01 AM »
i did this with gameplay rf not BMU2/3 but theres no reason why it wont work with bmu

i think for it to work with bmu u'll need to wire it up like a matrix. but on a cg pad.... but not to sure.....

and thanks for a reply on this topic evan though it isa bump... but at least a relevent bump unlike crazy modders lol

i never really carried on with this mod after i had it working and fitted to my GOW2 controller
i think i explain how i did it a bit clearer in that thread...

Spurgurgle d.t com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal