Author Topic: Scribblenauts  (Read 2846 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Scribblenauts
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9409259&type=product&id=1218100316032
Scribblenauts
The System:NDS / NDSL / NDSi
$29.99 USD

Description:
Imagine a world in which you need only think of an object, and you can make it appear. In Scribblenauts, your imagination is the key to your success. Solve puzzles with the help of virtually any object you can imagine — simply write it down, and watch it come to life on screen. With your own creativity guiding your way through the game's puzzles, the possibilities are nearly infinite.

Combine your stylus and the power of your imagination to help Maxwell in Scribblenauts. Play your way through more than 200 exciting levels, writing and tapping through an array of puzzles and action sequences. Think creatively to find solutions to puzzles, writing down different objects on the DS notepad to achieve different results. Will your imagination be up to the challenge?

[From BestBuy.com]

Review:
I got Scribblenauts today from Bestbuy, I asked for it and the guy brought it out to me so don't claim I pirated it. The game is unbelievably addictive. There are almost an endless amount of things you can use to complete challenges. The graphics and art style are both quite fitting for the game style. The only thing I find lacking in the game play is sound track, it leaves quite a lot to be desired. However the advanced mode presses your mind to the limits especially on the higher levels making up for the poor sound track because you don't want to get distracted.

More pictures to come once I find my camera.

Pros and Cons
+ New Style Of Game Play
+ Challenging Puzzles With Endless Solutions
+ If you Pre-order it you will get a cool hat [No hat for me]
+ An amazing amount of words, and animations for each object. [Try taking on a dragon with a doughnut]

- Soundtrack is lacking
- Easy to become frustrated with while looking for something that does what you expect.

Over all this game is a must buy even if you don't like puzzle games the ability to make almost anything will blow your mind and force you to come up with interesting ways to do things like knocking over glass bottles. [Side note, don't use a nuke you have to start the challenge over.]

-TwisT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal