Author Topic: gonna start moding my 360  (Read 1082 times)

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i live in the country my neigbors are trees.
gonna start moding my 360
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
okay well.. after a long period of thinking i guess im going to mod (or try to) my xbox 360 the warranty has expired so... if anythinge happens im screwed anyways so why not have a awesome xbox? i have about an $150 budget saving about 100 or so for knob creek (worlds largest machine gun shoot) :dribble: so... im asking is give me a good parts list of what i should get ive onready worked on many controllers painted a realy nice red tiger design on my controller 555 timer and im about to get myself a pic programmer what should i do first what parts do i need .ect im thinking of a red and blue theme for it. :D

EDIT: what type of dremel bit should i use link please?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:27:05 AM by F4thAcE »

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: gonna start moding my 360
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
red and blue? super man spider man halo red vs blue you said you painted controllers so paint the xbox case or something with lights

Offline BlankitoEG6

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
150? thats one hell of a budget.
id take that case, and borrow a dremel from someone.
google a nice stencil you'd think would look nice and slap it on the case and dremel her out.
go to homedepot and get a nice 1/8" thick plexiglass 10x8 and hot glue that baby in.
order LEDs by sets of 5 so its 2.xx a set and get some resistors from llamma. wire them up and hold them in place with hotglue, order 0603leds and change ur your ROL and run to paint section in the depot and get some good quality cans of spray paint. 2xcolor Krylons, and 1 can on clear coat.

$50 max, and invest that $100 remaining into a used psp to be the next victim lol

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
150? thats one hell of a budget.
id take that case, and borrow a dremel from someone.
google a nice stencil you'd think would look nice and slap it on the case and dremel her out.
go to homedepot and get a nice 1/8" thick plexiglass 10x8 and hot glue that baby in.
order LEDs by sets of 5 so its 2.xx a set and get some resistors from llamma. wire them up and hold them in place with hotglue, order 0603leds and change ur your ROL and run to paint section in the depot and get some good quality cans of spray paint. 2xcolor Krylons, and 1 can on clear coat.

$50 max, and invest that $100 remaining into a used psp to be the next victim lol

sounds good i got a dremel 0603's resistors for them i think imma order some nice talismoon whisper max's to :D

EDIT: just bought myself a 360 with a faulty power brick for $20 from a kid at my school :P gonna use that one instead of mine just incase i mess it up somehow ??!?!?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:42:50 PM by F4thAcE »

Offline F4thAcE

• Hillbilly Modder
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »
okay okay. ermm what kind of dremel  bit do i need and should i try a stencil cutout or just do a whole side panel of window?

Offline whoFarted

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:11:57 AM »
I forgot the name of the bit I have on mine, it's just round and thin.

What do you think would look better? Go with whatever you think will look better. Get creative and go with it.

I don't see how $150 is really enough in my eyes. I do mods all day long and for a nice complete mod it's at least $150 but then again I like to add 40+ leds in my mods plus pulse vu, etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal