Author Topic: E74 fix?  (Read 6454 times)

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
E74 fix?
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
 does anybody know how to fix E 74?
will this work?
Xbox 360 Heat Gun Fix  Red Ring Of Death ~ e74 ~1 red light
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:43:44 PM by lookkool3 »

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
Re: E74 fix?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
There is no PERMANENT fix, although this MIGHT work temporarily.
Also, please stop making so many new threads, this could be considered spamming.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
according to microsft the E74 error is the end of the xbox. when you call customer support there is a special dept that deals with this error, and all they do is replace it if its in waranty, they dont even attempt. what does that tell you.

is this in reference to the  same xobx you have been working on for the past two weeks? the 0111 error etc?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »
STOP MAKING SO MANY THREADS...

how many people have to tell you this?

Also, no the E74, like matt said, is the end all error of 360s. No fix. Xclamp fix and reflowing has a CHANCE of fixing it for a little while, but it will come back fast. And worse.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »
ok thx and sorry about all the post i didnt know u guys consider asking for help spamming

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »
We don't but you're spamming too much. Keep it into 1 thread. You don't need a new topic for every single problem you get.

as long as you keep editing your origional post, it will still get flagged as new, your post count still goes up etc....you can even change your own title if needed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:44:00 PM by modded matt »

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »
that is a temporay solution however what you sould know is that microsoft gave a extended 3 year warrenty to any one with the e74 error. the probblem is that you cant really move your xbox much after you do this if it stands up it wont work.  Here is the details on the warrenty if your able to send it in that is your best bet http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=969905&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Offline whoFarted

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »

treemty: Stop making insulting posts, or I will be forced to keep on editing them.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:31:58 PM by treemty »

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »
your the smartest xbox repair guy here unlike these other dudes givin up hella quick
thx for the info :clap:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »
lookkool3:
yea ok, regardlesss of what this guy thinks, the fact remains, there is no perminate fix for the e74 error. M$ will tell you this, they dont even attempt to repair them. you can try the xclamp mod but that is a small hope of fixing it. good luck to you.

who farted:
if you like to stick around this forum statments like these will not be tollerated, keep your insults to yourself, I am not going to say anything about misleading this young man to think that he can fix by reflowing the chips because that statment does carry weight, but most modders dont have the needed equipment to properly reflow these chips.

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
modded matt i wanna tell you to shut up but i dont want to get banned so you know what dont try and tell me theres no fix for this xbox when theres lots of ways to fix it like reflowing it i did that part already and as for the pennies my friend tried that and it worked for a little while but who farted is right if you reflow it then put the pennies in as a back up plan it should be fine and it doesnt hurt to try and fix an already E74ed xbox cause like you said MS said its the end well lets try and bring it back from the dead with some pennies it never hurts to try and by the way how do you even know MS said that?

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »
Whofarted:
Dont you eer remember this?
"If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"?
Same goes to you lookool, weve been nice to you so far, but if you keep behaving as such, you will get whats coming for you.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:35:18 PM by treemty »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »
The E74 is associated with the ANA chip, there is a smal chance it could be the gpu but very unlikely. I've repaired one E74 before with the x-clamp and worked for about 3 months, now there is nothing i can do. No one gives up here, its just best to send the box to microsoft if its under warranty because there is no permanent fix unless you were to complete replace and reflow the solder of the ANA chip, very complex. You can heatgun the chip and put pennies, but it WILL come back sonner of later. I've attempted to fix one a few hours ago and failed miserably =[

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »
Lookkool:
You better shut your mouth before you get what you're asking for. You're even contradicting yourself. If you had a single bit of sense, you'd listen to Matt.

Who Farted:
Don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about. Don't talk back to an admin.
I hope you don't stay long.

Offline whoFarted

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 05:58:20 AM »
Wow...   You're all making me seem really mature on all of your reply feedbacks. hahaha   Damn, everyone on these forum has no sense of humor.   

I don't care what any of you say. He asked and I told him a possible way to get it to work. I didn't say it would freaking last forever but it's worth a try and the E74 is an easy fix if you know what you're doing. Obviously none of you have the experience to really state the things I do.

Don't get me wrong, there are consoles that which have the E74 error which mostly pertains to the Ana/Hana chip and some can be stubborn. But if there are no other options, I don't see why you guys are telling this kid not to even try. You guys give up entirely too easy.

Let him try it and come back to see if it works. Who cares if it does come back in the future. At least he didn't have to go out and buy a new one. Plus all he would have to do is get the chip hot again and do the same thing. Obviously this kid doesn't want to buy a new one so I don't see what the problem is. He asked for help and I was nice to put in what I have done with no failed attempts.                :censored:

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:37 AM »
Honestly all i did was place a heat sink over that chip behind the gpu heat sink and havent had problems since and that was like 7 months ago.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline kool-aid54

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »
I agree, can't be fixed. Last guy said he fixed it. PLease post pics.  I tried the heat gun trick and it worked the first time for 3 days then crapped out. The second time I fixed it it lasted 5 minutes.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
ill take pics of what i did its just a heatsink super glued to the chip.

Offline taylorclark

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 03:57:56 AM »
^^^ I can't imagine that super glue conducts heat very well. Most people on here would recommend that you use thermal paste. Radio shack sells some decent stuff. If you shop around, I believe there are little pads made for small heatsinks that act as an adhesive and a good thermal compound.   
Gamertag- titan501x

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »
Well its been on there for like more then 7 months and nothing has happened.

Offline whoFarted

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 06:28:12 AM »
 Hahaha of course it's gonna crap out if all you do is use the heat gun and that's it. You also need to put something on top after you re flow to keep that connection...

C'mon people, it's very fixable. lol  You guys making it harder than what it really is. Never give up on a 360 because 90% of the time its repairable. I offer 90 day warranties on all of my repairs and have never had any returns.

Always use thermal paste to secure the "penny trick" or heatsinks...If the damn glue worked for you then :censored:, it works. lol

If it works it works....

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »
Thanks you  :tup: .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal