Author Topic: new UMD Door problems.  (Read 1251 times)

Offline toshio

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
new UMD Door problems.
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:12:27 AM »
I bought a full psp phat housing but the umd door is missing something because it doesnt close. On my regular housing umd door i see a metal piece that clasps the door in but the door i have doesnt have one is there a way to take off that metal piece so i can glue it to my new umd door?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:01:57 AM by toshio »

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: new UMD Door problems. And Power.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 01:02:12 AM »
Where did you buy the housing? I never had a housing with a UMD door come like that before but you can probably just take the metal off the old one and super glue it into the new one. If you are using the trim that came with the housing, try using the stock trim because sometimes the aftermarket trims are low quality.

Offline toshio

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: new UMD Door problems. And Power.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:15:57 AM »
Where did you buy the housing? I never had a housing with a UMD door come like that before but you can probably just take the metal off the old one and super glue it into the new one. If you are using the trim that came with the housing, try using the stock trim because sometimes the aftermarket trims are low quality.

I bought the housing at Order-Bulk.com. I am having trouble taking off the metal piece, is it super glued or something? Could i remove it by putting some rubbing alcohol? Ya i noticed that the side trims were cheap and did not fit good. My old trims paint is kind of fading away, I just found out that you can remove it when i was looking at my old housing.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: new UMD Door problems.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
if you dont need the old door then you could always just snap it off to get better acces to clean it so you can put it on your new one, otherwise use a cutting knife and try to pry it of little by little, if that doesnt work then try soaking it in boiling water for a while and the see if it is loosened, make sure you dont put the whole door in if you need it though as it may deforma nd just put the metal bit in.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: new UMD Door problems.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »
I believe that the little metal piece is held in by the little melted plastic in front of it. You just have to scrape off the plastic holding it in place and it should come off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal