Yes
0 (0%)
no
2 (66.7%)
mabyy
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 20, 2009, 06:08:20 AM

Author Topic: Need Help with a Brick DS  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
Need Help with a Brick DS
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:20 AM »
please can any of you help i bricked my ds im not sure what to do?
 :beg: please just notify me if any one can help!
hi:)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Need Help with a Brick DS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »
Give us more information...

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:47:30 AM »
I bricked my ds lite after I was flashing somthing it said 1percent and I took the battery ouut
please help

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »
Do you guys think if he replaced the bios/wifi chip (not the antenna) it would work again or is this a motherboard-wide issue?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:57:21 AM by Tri-edge »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
Well, flashing it flashes the BIOS right? So it could work. It's worth a shot, aren't BIOS chips really cheap?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »
yup they run for about $5-15 on ebay.

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 04:11:18 AM »
DS lite bios chips are socketed. All you have to do is get another working bios chip to get it working. To flash a bricked bios chip you will need a working ds lite with a good bios chip. take ds apart and load up flashme with a flashcart. swap bios chip with bricked one. then start the update, and short sl1

there is another recovery process with flashme (if thats what u tried to install) but if it flashed 1 percent i dont know if it would work. It uses a gba flashcart to recover
Quote from: flashme
First, write flashme.nds to your media and insert it into the GBA slot.
Next, hold SELECT+START+A+B all at the same time and turn your DS on.
The DS will boot directly to the GBA slot and from here, you can launch flashme.nds (If it isn't already started) and install it again.

Its quite simple to fix these bricked DS lite, as long as you have the equipment.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:28:04 AM by wtfisausername »

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »
thanks guys that really helped
whats this gba thing well im not sure ill just order one can anyone give me the link to it

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 12:05:42 AM »
DS lite bios chips are socketed. All you have to do is get another working bios chip to get it working. To flash a bricked bios chip you will need a working ds lite with a good bios chip. take ds apart and load up flashme with a flashcart. swap bios chip with bricked one. then start the update, and short sl1

there is another recovery process with flashme (if thats what u tried to install) but if it flashed 1 percent i dont know if it would work. It uses a gba flashcart to recover

Its quite simple to fix these bricked DS lite, as long as you have the equipment.
I was unaware/unsure that you can take a working bios chip out of a ON ds lite and put a new one in without it turning off/freezing/having some sort of problem.  Are you sure you can do that?

thanks guys that really helped
whats this gba thing well im not sure ill just order one can anyone give me the link to it
I would just buy a new chip if I were you and just ditch the hassle of the software.  it's going to cost you more to buy the flashcard anyways then the chip and both methods require you to take apart the ds lite so you just buy the bios chip.

EDIT: here's a link to the chip
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Bios-wifi-chip-connector-parts-repair_W0QQitemZ320394274726QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item4a98fca7a6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:08:17 AM by Tri-edge »

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »
Yes, swaping bios chips are common, Ive never tried swaping it until i was at the flashme installer though. you swap it right when it says press xbxb to agree and continue flashing. Its around the net a lot of people have mentioned it.  Google if you don't believe me or want more info. There was two virus out there made by the same person and sent on ircs but apologize, and this trick was used a lot during that time. The DS may freeze if it was playing a game or something though.

The swap bios trick is also used on computer mobos, although not a lot of people have tried to do it (esp if you can program one with a programmer and all these anti brick protections), but i have read a tutorial and I do know of people who has done this.

But yea, buying one would be the easy way. Your also going to need a triwing screwdriver if you don't have one already. Also be careful with the power switch when putting it back together.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:18:46 AM by wtfisausername »

Offline Shadow Ops

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »

Or you can use a DS cart...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal