Author Topic: seriosly whats the point ? !  (Read 2385 times)

Offline RROD

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
seriosly whats the point ? !
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
right im now on my 4th xbox and in all together they have broken 12 times , the latest was about an hour ago wilst playing my first game on modern warfare 2 ! , i just want to no what evryone sees in this :censored: console ! but in there crap reliabilty i cant seem to stop getting new ones its stupid becuase they will just never - not break what can i do for it to never ever break agian ?

WHATS THE POINT !.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: seriosly whats the point ? !
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:15:55 AM »
Well... You could... Not flash it, not play games that are not out yet not do anything illegal on it, not swear at people on live not cheat on live... Do the X clamp mod or buy a PS3 and call it a day.

-TwisT

Offline taylorclark

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
how do you go through that many xboxs?!
Gamertag- titan501x

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »
lol the xbox 360 is the BEST gaming platform hands down, yes they break more than any other console. but even on tv the comercial for MW2 states the best place to get MW2 is at walmart, and the best way to play it is on xbox360!!!

ps3 is a great multiplatform system, and is more reliable than the xbox, so if thats what you want, go for it..

but if you want the best gaming experiance ever, buy an xbox, and break it every 2.5 years. so its repaired under waranty.

this is life, life is not fair. have the most fun while you can, xbox is the way to do so.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »
I've never had a single console break and I've owned more than, like, 6...

It's luck.

You say between the 4 consoles they've broken 12 times.

Once you get the RRoD, it ALWAYS comes back. There's no sense in fixing it over and over again. That's your problem.

Offline RROD

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »
TwisTtheTwiTcH i didnt flash it , i pre orderd modern warfare 2 in march so i got it early

Post Merge: November 09, 2009, 01:02:50 PM
would water cooling be the best solution ? would it stop RROD forever ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:02:50 PM by RROD »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »
Stop buying used crapper ones off ebay if thats what your doing and get the newest one brand new because im pretty sure the older ones have a greater chance to break.

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
the newer ones still get teh rrod.not as much bt they still do.
water cooling isnt cheap and can risk a leak and then ur out one again.
honestly if i had teh cables i would take my disk drive out and mount to a big peice of wood so it wouldnt move and mount a big fan on the gpu sink. and i think if u bolt the mobo to the chassie it will help u from getting a rrod. take off the heat sinks and use the artic silver 5 stuff. and sand the contact points on the sinks with a realy fine grit paper and polish it then remount

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
Water cooling won't do anything.

RRoD isn't necessarily preventable. Sure as hell isn't fixable either.

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
i dont understand u seem to have a act of not letting time be a factor. if youve had 4 xboxs and they havent been modded at all your able to send them back to microsoft and they will replace them for you. also like previously stated if you keep buying repaired xboxs then yes it will break again... there is a new mw2 xbox try that but also like mat said this is the best platform out there. i mean yes unlike the ps3 u dont have motion sensored controllers strait of the assembly line but there are mods out there that can be purchesed. the xbox is more custimiz able and yes my spelling sucks but either way just because it keeps breaking it doesnt mean give up. Life is Life if i could have it my way or if all of us could have it ours ways we would have no problems but in reality we dont have the choice and its up to you u have the final say for your life.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:25 PM »
my xbox never had a single problem, either you're unlucky or yer doin something wrong. i have seen people treating their consoles like crap, leaving them on the floor or on tilted shelves or surrounded by food and garbage, maybe shut in a cabinet somewhere and left on all day. remember that they are somewhat fragile machines, try to keep them from getting kicked or knocked around or suffocating in a hot cabinet. common sense, expensive electronics, take good care of them. rrod may be inevitable, but the newer consoles are supposed to get it less, so try to buy them. again you may not be doing anything wrong and just be unlucky. i see the 360 as the console that fits my price range, plays games very well, and that all my friends have so i can play with them, while the wii only has one game i like (wii sports), and none of my friends play ps3.

Offline Amerikun Soljia

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »
Jacobia has a point. I have seen people treat their xbox'es like garbage, never clean it, keep it enclosed, full of dust, slam it around, push the disk tray, drop it on the floor, etc. yet their systems still work fine. Yet here I am, dusting mine off, using air duster, keeping it cool, and safe, shutting it down properly, etc, yet I still got the rrod.

I guess it really does depend on the system you have. mine is perfect now, after M$ fixed it.

y nomeni patri et fili, y spiritu sancti.

Offline RROD

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:25 AM »
just orderd an elite (: hopfully this will last (yn) fifth time lucky lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal