Author Topic: Need Help Making a 4x MemoryCard Circuit Board  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Benjamin Strife

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need Help Making a 4x MemoryCard Circuit Board
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
I've been thinking about loads of different tings to do with the empty space where my UMD-drive used to be, and I've come down to the idea that involves 4x Memorystick ports/slots with a 7 channeled switch to switch between the Memorycards, and leds showing which MemoryCard is currently in use.

Made a pic to illustrate the idea, so you can better understand what I'm talking about.

(found the orginal memorystick pinout here on acidmods.com. made my own, but thanks.)

So, its basically almost like the cr-3100, only with 4, instead of 2 slots. Also, the PSP won't be able to read ALL the MemoryCards at once, like with the cr-3100, but you have to switch between the cards manually. I might have to make some adjustments to the umd-door itself to be able to make enough room, but I don't think its that big a deal.

As you can see with the switching system, there are 7 different positions. The MemoryCards are on position #1, #3, #5 and #7, and there's a "deadzone" on position #2, #4 and #6 simulating the effect of taking out your memorycard and replacing it with another one when using the switch.

All the wires and cables and such, will be placed internally. The switch itself will be put at the very top inside the UMD compartment, if you don't come across a better idea for positioning it.

The thing is that I'm not a good one for making schematic/wire-diagrams, and I don't have the necessary items/tools to make a printed circuit board (PCB), so I'm currently on my knees begging for some help here :)

Constructive criticism is highly welcome :)

Thanks in advance
-Strife

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Re: Need Help Making a 4x MemoryCard Circuit Board
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
Looks good and sounds like a great idea!  As far as space goes and hiding it, you could always make a flip down close box kinda thing, o.o

Offline Benjamin Strife

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »
I don't Ill be able to make a circuit board, so I'm just going to try and squeeze it all in somehow :)

I've had my thought-train wrapped around this project all day, and this is what I've come up with so far:

All pins/wires end up soldered to the MoBo (On top of each other wires #1 on destination 1 on MoBo, if you understand). The Red wires (power) go through the switch at seperate slots, and then to individual Led's, before meeting up with the other wires on the MoBo.

Then when I flip the switches position, its only the power for the MemoryStick's that turns on and off, and not all the pin's on the MemoryCard.

Do you smart gent's know if this will suffice? Will it be enough, or must I have other wires going through the switch as well? Like #1 and #10 are "Ground", mustn't that go through the switch as well? I don't know, thats why I'm asking :P

Also.. I was wondering if I could solder all the individual pins to the same location? (the four different #1, ground to the same point, then all four #2 Bus State to the same point and so on..) or must these wires also go through the switch??

Thanks in advance!
-Strife

Offline zephyrus

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
hey guys
im just a noob, but would it be possible to do a internal connection to combo the 4x32gb as it is recognized as a 128gb memorystick? CFW has no limitation for memorysticks, if i remember right?
I mean something like the photofast model that connects 2 microsd cards, only with the difference, no microsd, but photofast connectors, would that be possible?
dani

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal