Author Topic: Looking for some artists...  (Read 1613 times)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Looking for some artists...
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »
Ok I'm looking for someone to do some artwork for me... I'm no artist really...

Let me get to it...

I love the old '40s and '50s era culture and I'm a huge fan of old school style Pin Up photos and art. If you don't know what I'm talking about Google it. Gil Elvgren and Alberto Vargas are two big names in the original pin up art scene and defined the art style. Now, I also love old 'Nose Art'... the paintings on old WW2 bombers... look here, here, here...

Now what I'm looking for is for someone to make me up a couple of pics in this style using a specific modern Pin Up girl. the one I'd like you to use is Dayna Delux. I have a couple extra guidelines and I'll post some pics to give you examples...
I really like this pic:
and I would like at least one pic that was something along those lines but with Dayna instead of the blond and an older style bomb, and not quite so realistic (or detailed i guess, don't know any other way of saying it, kinda like some of the stuff in this gallery, like the top two rows, I wanna be able to paint it...).

So, yeah... gimme a shout...
Thanks guys...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: Looking for some artists...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
I am so lost, what do you actually want?

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:27 PM »
I am so lost, what do you actually want?

lol, sorry, I was a bit ummm... distracted while writing that up, sorry I'll try to be a bit more clear...

I'm looking for a few drawings of Dayna done in the old 'nose art' style especially one that kind of mimics the drawing above of the chick on the bomb. The pic with the bomb is the one that I would like to see done most (cause it goes well with the 'nose art' style) any other drawings would be at artists discretion.

I would like to stay with the 40s/50s WW2 bomber/pin up theme, but others like anime style or comic book style would be ok too...

I'm trying to get a head start on my next project, eventually the pics will get painted onto a console or controller in my next project...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:35:22 PM by jrfhoutx »

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 04:23:30 AM »
That's actually harder then it sounds, Without a wacom I guess.

But later on, in a week I will have a crack if no one does.
For anyone willing to take a shot at this, I guess this wil help with the colours altered.
http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/drawing/how-to-create-an-original-pin-up-girl-in-photoshop/

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
honestly it doesn't have to be photoshopped, people could draw it by hand and scan it if that's easier for them. whatever is easiest for you guys to do...

thanks for taking a look luke

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »
I understand what you are saying.  I am somewhat into WWII memorabilia and think that is a really cool idea.  I would do it if I was a good enough artist, but alas, my freehand people sketches are not good enough to really capture what you are aiming toward.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal