Author Topic: MAJOR WII PROBLEM PLZ HELP XCM ii Chameleon Solved!  (Read 2743 times)

Offline 888chilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
MAJOR WII PROBLEM PLZ HELP XCM ii Chameleon Solved!
« on: October 30, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
Thanks to those who contributed, but im sad to say this, but i made one of the stupidest errors ever, i switched the flatwire(if thats what its called) the side that should be black was white and vice versa
dont make my mistake. Check your flat wire
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so i am new at this and i decided to install the XCM ii cases chameleon. I have completely finished it when i turned the wii on, it would not pick up my controller signal, then when i restarted it, it picked it up, only to lose it again, soetimes when it changes screen, it blacks out, and it did not read the disc. I cannot eject or turn the power off again. Whats more, the lights did not turn on.

If you know, the chameleon has a wire that replaces that white wire attached to the motherboard and the dvd drive. I thought that it had to do with that so i replaced the XCM one with the regular one

After that, it picked u;p the controller, and it did not occasionally black out but a few seconds after i turned it on, it comes with a message that says that there is an error. Also the disk is not read. I cant eject still too

I need to know how to fix both scenarios. I want the lights frm the chameleon to work and I want the wii to work too.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:46:36 PM by 888chilly »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: MAJOR WII PROBLEM PLZ HELP XCM ii Chameleon
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
I suggest opening it back up and making sure that EVERYTHING is 100% connected securely. Check the bluetooth chip on the motherboard as well.

Try running the Wii without the chameleon case hooked up and see if the problems persist. If they do, and everything is connected properly, you might have damaged something. If everything works fine without the case connected, then it's gotta be something wrong with the case.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
My Wii project included one of these cases.

Take it back down to the motherboard. Inspect the header that the replacement cable plugs into. The pins inside there are very small and very easy to bend out of place. Also check the header on the DVD drive too for the same thing. I bent one pin making it hard to plug the cable in, and I was able to find the problem and gently bend the pin back into place.

Check each connection as you put things back together. Use the chameleon cable, just do not plug in the lights yet. Reassemble the case upto installing the drive, but leave off the shield (with the leds in it), the top and the front case pieces. Just get the DVD drive re-installed so you can operate the Wii.

If you are lucky, you can get your Wii functional again, and form there it is a simple matter of plugging in the lights with the shield to test that before putting the case pieces all back together.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 888chilly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »
Well without the cable, i was able to get the disk back out, when i did that, it did not show the error message, until i played one of my vc games(megaman 9 if that is important) Also I was wondering if this is any important. it looks like this pic(sorry for bad qualit but i took it with my webcam)
right now i want to know why it keeps doing that. 

Post Merge: November 01, 2009, 12:07:14 PM
So then my wii does not play any games on the disk and any vc games. it comes up with that disk load error telling to eject the disk every time. i cant acess mii channel or news channel etc...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 12:07:14 PM by 888chilly »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
double check your connections and all your wires.   If all else fails try putting it back in the original case and see if that solves your problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal