Author Topic: Dell fails as a company.  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Dell fails as a company.
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:36:53 AM »
So some of you may know that in mid July I sent out my laptop to dell to be repaired.  You may also know that they ended up shipping it to the wrong address and sending me a new lappy to make up for it. I thought it was all well and good, until I got a phone call a week later about me needing to send back the old laptop.  I immediately called Dell and explained the situation to the representative, who told me that it would all be taken care of, and that I have nothing to worry about.  Since then I have received around 30 phone calls (since I got the lappy in September)  about them not getting there lappy.  Each time they called I explained the situation to them, and I was told that it would be taken care of, and that I needn't worry about it, the most recent time I was talking to the managers managers supervisor.  Today (just checked the mail about 20 minutes ago) I received a letter saying that all support for my laptop has been cut off until they get the laptop they were supposed to get. 

WHAT THE :censored:?! Is this harrassment? Can I contact the BBB about this? What should I do? (I already sent them an email, but idk what else I should do, because I feel that they should not be able to get away with this) anyone else dealt with something like this in the past?  any tips?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Dell fails as a company.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:25:44 AM »
Dell always fails. NEVER send your laptop in to be serviced.
The way Dell works is they send a replacement laptop before you shipping yours back. If it's something serviceable, they'll just send a tech out to fix it.

I feel bad for you. What's the BBB? Have you tried, like, talking to authorities? Maybe they can help?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
Dell always fails. NEVER send your laptop in to be serviced.
The way Dell works is they send a replacement laptop before you shipping yours back. If it's something serviceable, they'll just send a tech out to fix it.

I feel bad for you. What's the BBB? Have you tried, like, talking to authorities? Maybe they can help?
the BBB stands for the better business bureau it's kind of like the authorities of business.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »
In that case, maybe they CAN do something.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
1: call them again
2: when they say it will be taken care of you say: ive heard that about 20 times and i wuld like to speak to your supervisor.
3: if they dont hang up and wait it out, if it turns out to a court you will be the one that will win.
4: if they let you talk to a supervisor explain and see what he can do.

you want me to let one of my uncle lawyers read this? maybe he can help

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:27:37 PM »
lol that would be cool if you can deda

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »
ok ill send him an e-mail today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal