Author Topic: help with custom single mode adjustable controller with tact button underneath  (Read 3111 times)

Offline osx86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi everyone, I am looking for someone who can make or someone who can point me to the right place to where I can find a controller with these specific options:

I need a 1 (single) mode fully adjustable xbox360 controller that uses a tact button (not the stealth button) that is located on the back/bottom.  The tact button needs to sit next to the right ring finger (on the underneath) and simply switches the rapid fire on and off. 
The 1 (single) adjustable mode can be adjusted by holding down the tact button on the underside for 3 seconds or whatever, and then using the RB and LB button to adjust the rate of the rapid fire. 

Basically its exactly like everyone's generic multi-mode adjustable controller only instead of having 5 or 7 modes it only has one (the fully adjustable user mode) and the stealth sync button functionality is replaced by a tact button on the underneath of the controller.  (sync button is used as normal)

Help is greatly appreciated.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
email send
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:40:54 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
why? the whole point of the modes is to make ite easier on the gamer, so you dont hae to keep adjusting it for different games. If you are stepping backwards in technology, you may as well use a 555 with a potinimiter.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
Requests are being made like this.. And theres people like me, hazer etc who are working hard on making more complex RF code's. lol

Offline osx86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I only play one game...and multiple modes just get you killed when you pick up a fully auto gun and you have to switch the rapid fire off quickly.  (and a 555 is completely useless as a fully digital adjustment is required)

Believe me, there are plenty of players that only use 1 setting on and off.

why? the whole point of the modes is to make ite easier on the gamer, so you dont hae to keep adjusting it for different games. If you are stepping backwards in technology, you may as well use a 555 with a potinimiter.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
gameplay rf has the quick on off function, and you hold the tactile to change modes.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
gameplay rf has the quick on off function, and you hold the tactile to change modes.

i second that ghost...
just use hazers gameplay RF it has 4 speeds
2 buttons (1 for each trigger...)
if you only want 1 trigger then wire the 1 side not both...
the buttons as ghost said are quick on/off and the right button if held will change the speed to the next pre-set speed...

you yourself can set the speeds on it, using the guides found in the open source code section on this forum...

heres the guide on how to do it all.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29757.0

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
hahahaha I wrote that guide, why did I not think of that.  you just never change modes. and they are there if you ever need them. but he wants the custom speed mode. not posible with gameplay. but if it is how you say,and you only play one game, you dont need the selectable fire rate. just set it in programing and forget it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:59:16 AM by modded matt »

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
I guess if you need the extra capability of changing speeds on the go.. Then wait for my code. Its very simular to Hazers GameRF but with some added goodys! :-). Im still deciding on how to change modes and turn it on/off though. I could have the same setup and have 2 tactiles for quick on/off.. then hold them for changing modes. But id also need another INPUT for setting the custom speed.

Any ideas?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
i reckon using the triggers as inputs will work fine topP8uzz

lugnut did this in his 3 button programmable code....

you had 3 tacts 2 were quick on off switches and also acted as rf triggers if in the right mode....
1 tact was the programming button to put it into prog mode wth a hold and to switch between full auto and burst mode with a tap...

but when in prog mode the right trig was to switch between on button or on trigger and the left trigger set the speed in 10sps intervals
the left tact set speeds in 1sps intervals
and the right tact set the speed in 0.1sps intervals...

it does the trick as a programmable code but 3 extra tacts is a bit much... 2 is ok.
and also his code you could only have 1 speed set at a time you couldnt have multiple pre set speeds to scroll through and a adjustable speed

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline osx86

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Thanks a bunch guys!  This is exactly what I needed!

i second that ghost...
just use hazers gameplay RF it has 4 speeds
2 buttons (1 for each trigger...)
if you only want 1 trigger then wire the 1 side not both...
the buttons as ghost said are quick on/off and the right button if held will change the speed to the next pre-set speed...

you yourself can set the speeds on it, using the guides found in the open source code section on this forum...

heres the guide on how to do it all.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29757.0

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
i reckon using the triggers as inputs will work fine topP8uzz

lugnut did this in his 3 button programmable code....

you had 3 tacts 2 were quick on off switches and also acted as rf triggers if in the right mode....
1 tact was the programming button to put it into prog mode wth a hold and to switch between full auto and burst mode with a tap...

but when in prog mode the right trig was to switch between on button or on trigger and the left trigger set the speed in 10sps intervals
the left tact set speeds in 1sps intervals
and the right tact set the speed in 0.1sps intervals...

it does the trick as a programmable code but 3 extra tacts is a bit much... 2 is ok.
and also his code you could only have 1 speed set at a time you couldnt have multiple pre set speeds to scroll through and a adjustable speed

Sorry to hijack this thread  :winker:

Currently have 2 tactiles.. for quick on/off. And since both rapidfire speeds are independant.. Meaning if you have right trigger and left trigger rapidfire activated.. You can set diffrent speeds for both triggers. So i have 2 on/off tacs.. Which im thinking to HOLD them to switch mode? But then how about programming speed? lol its a toughy! Maybe sync button to go into programming mode then adjust that with the triggers. Still trying to sort the timer2 out.. The rapidfire is not precise timing its getting delayed a little.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal