Author Topic: Psp 1000 Sound reactive Trigger LEDs  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Flying_MashedPotatoes

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Psp 1000 Sound reactive Trigger LEDs
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
Hey, i'm going to do this mod.. i have a 2 position Dipswitch (two switches in that 1 "switch set")

one switch is for the left trigger LED, the other....right trigger...

in my psp:

The left speaker has a Black wire and a Grey wire.
The right speaker has a Red and a black wire.

in a video on youtube the person showed how to direct connect the leds to the speaker, and he showed the right speaker.. he said the red wire was the Negative (or ground)....
           ___                           ____
B  --- /       \            R   ---  /       \
        |  O    |                      |   O   |
G  --- \____/             B  ---   \____/

^                               ^
            ||                              ||
       Left speaker                Right Speaker

Pretend those are good drawings of the speakers..

now the way im going to wire them. one LED for one speaker and trigger
                                         another LED for other speaker and trigger

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Main question... will i need a resistor (1 for each circuit) or will it not be a problem if i DONT use a resistor??

BTW, i bought a 10 Ohm resister... pack of like 6 for like $1.20...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please also add what the voltage and stuff is for the speakers..... can the LEDs handle that much Voltage??

The reason why i am having two circuits and two switches is cause i want an LED for each speaker. i dont want the LEDs to only react to one speaker

***Plus***

i have positioned the dip switch near the battery so that the switch is covered when you put the battery cover on.. :D..dont worry about  that, it fits great!

switch:

I put poster putty on the side to that it fills up the space since the switch is flat and the psp is round on the edge

USED Exacto Knifes to cut out spot for switch

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:20:28 PM by Flying_MashedPotatoes »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: Psp 1000 Sound reactive Trigger LEDs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
You don't have to use a resistor if you are doing it by the direct connect method
Derp.

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
HELP!!!!! MY analog stick isnt working properly now!!!!!

when i go to internet browser the mouse goes crazy and iit moves on it's own!!!! what should i do??!?!?

--EDIT--

saw a video on how to clean it.. will try..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:32:25 PM by Flying_MashedPotatoes »

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:40:28 PM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »
hmmm, i've found out now that it isn't the analog stick's fault.. i took the face plate off and when i press down on the rubber bridge thing, the mouse moves..

-----------------------------------------------
---NOTICE FOR My Second post in this thread---
-----------------------------------------------
the analog stick still controlled the mouse, it's just that the rubbery thing makes it want to go up and left..when i press hard on the analog stick when the face plate is on, and i move the mouse in a direction it goes that direction, but the mouse moves really slowly.

i have cleaned all the contacts with rubbing alcohol big i don't see any difference,

-------------------------
---Back to resent stuff---
-------------------------

i have taken my psp apart again to the point of the LCD cage being removed and i put it back on..

i have lined up that rubber thing, on one side there are indentations barely visible (reflect light on it to see) from it being pressed onto the mother board contacts that stand up like 0.5mm.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:52:02 PM by Flying_MashedPotatoes »

Offline jakeykun

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:17:28 AM »
If you are still having problems and you want a sure way to get it working, solder the analog stick points to the appropriate points on the mother board. I had to do this and it works like a charm.

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 08:03:59 AM »
Analog stick problem fixed, the bootom screw on the memorystick side was striped from the past and i had to drill it out, now it is causing that problem... so now i just added a bit of super glue and it works perfectly :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:44:33 PM by Flying_MashedPotatoes »

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 10:52:29 PM »
The analog isn't touching the contacts.
You need to put the faceplate all the way down.

or you could wire the analog stick.

or it could be because you dont have all of your face plate screws it. mine was doing that and when i found an extra screw, i put it in and it was fine

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
or it could be because you dont have all of your face plate screws it. mine was doing that and when i found an extra screw, i put it in and it was fine

meh, i got it to work by super gluing the face plate down... but now after taking it off a couple more times, it doesn't help...

I'm not yet finished my led mod (been trying other leds cause 0603 are so small..) the wire breaks off easily even when glued in the triggers cause they De-solder when soldering wires that are on the leds, onto other wires, cause i'm using magnet wire (only good wire that i have) and it heats up easily... I've found some other wires that i can use for connecting to the leds... then connect those to the other wires that i taped up in the psp...

i have some small ribbon cable type wires and I've cut off a few strips... now i have 4 left that ARE stuck together so i will use that for hard solder the analog onto motherboard... after i finish the led mod though.

getting my mom to pick up some more 0603 leds (some are missing, bought 5, 2 are still with me, other 3 must have fell onto the floor, ($1.00 for 5 0603leds) and the 2 that i have left are gunked up with solder and crap...want new leds...

_____
____--------------

Any suggestions on soldering the wires to the leds without the leds moving around would be greatly appreciated...

tried using tape... the tape ends up melting cause the iron sometimes hits it... then it covers the light part of the led with glue and junk...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:01:23 PM by Flying_MashedPotatoes »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 04:54:40 AM »
at radio shack the sell spring closed tweesers. so you squeeze them to open, insert led and relesae this will hold the led still for you, then solder to each side. before you sloder to it, apply a small amount of sloder to the led, then solder on the wires. flux will help here, most the time you dont even see the solder on the joint. less is better!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal