Author Topic: error help  (Read 1533 times)

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
error help
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
So i got this 360 from ebay and it was jtaggable. First it had error 0102 which is easy to fix, which i did. Then i jtagged it and now has xell and freeboot .32 on it and once i got those installed it got 0020, which later turned to e74. After spending a day trying to reflow the ram, CPU,GPU, Hana/Ana chip. IT still wont get off from e74. I did manage to "fix it" it worked for 5 minutes and showed sings its graphics card was crashing or was going to crash. Now all i can do with this jtag is boot to xell fine or go to a screen displaying e74. Any ideas on how ot fix this?

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: error help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
I have fixed over 10 xboxes with e74 after doing another error and the only way i could totaly clear that error off was by doing a RB on the CPU and GPU.  Rarley did the HANA/ANA chip but wouldn't kill you.  If you don't have a RB station/kit then your best this is to sell it on ebay as a broken jtagable xbox or broke with jtag on it.  Sorry if this let you down a bit or if it was not detailed enough as I am duking it out with another xbox atm.  Had 0102 fixed to 0031 then went to E71 now got 0001 and 0003.  I know this one can be jtagged aswell.

Hope things work out and just keep trying with that box.

RB= Reball
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:50:59 PM »
damn i really need to have a reball station. Do oyu have a reball station, is so how much did it cost you?

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
The only thing you really need to do a reball is a hot air pencil: [LINK] and a suction cup gripping too for ICs: [LINK].

Once that chip is removed get a De-soldering wick and some flux to get rid of the older "nasty" solder. Place new 60/40 solder on the chip's pins and the motherboard too--add plenty of flux paste, you will need it...

The only thing that is hard about reballing is obtaining a hot air pencil and soldering the chip back on the board.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
hey fooks by placing 60/40 solder on the chip you mean put solder on each pad or using bga reballing lead balls

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:55:24 AM »
60/40 solder is regular solder that you use for anything... i just call it that because its the ratio of metal alloys in the solder.

if you use lead/silver balls then you need special heating equipment to melt it properly because the hot air pencil won't work well soldering it to the board.

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
O I use lead to redo mine since i have an actual RB station with all my xbox and ps3 stensils.
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »
You can use any solder. But i use Tin-Silver solder that you can find at radio shack.

Lead - High strength, low corrosive, high resistance [Melt temp: MEDIUM]
Silver -Highest strength, Low corrosive, low resistance [Melt temp: MEDIUM]
Tin - softens the metal alloy and decreases melt temperature. [Melt temp: LOW]
Gold - Low corrosive, lowest resistance [Melt temp: MEDIUM]
solder has more metals than just these listed*

eNeRGy: Keep that up, you will increase that motherboard's life.

sakobatoneko: don't get me wrong but 60/40 solder WILL work; i've done it when i have gotten short on time and $$
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:28:54 PM by FOOKz »

Offline DubbedTheBeast

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »
tin/lead is the best you can do for heated parts. it melts at 220 degrees celsius and happens to be what the military uses is rockets for high reliability. your xbox would melt to the floor before you would have any problems with over heated chips again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal