Author Topic: 3RROD Problem  (Read 1054 times)

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
3RROD Problem
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
I ordered this as-is 360 off of ebay and it came with 3rrod as well as misc. missing parts such as dvd drive cables, some missing mem card flaps and also missing the 8 black screws that hold in the x clamps.  When I turn it on it has the 3rrod flashing as well as the center light flashing.  I have uploaded some pics that show different parts of the mobo.  I would love some feedback as to what I should do.  Is it from overheating, or is it b/c of the missing screws or detached dvd drive?  Thanks.
IDK why bu everytime I try to link pics it doesn't work...

Here is the album: http://img46.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc0017rd.jpg

EDIT:  I was going to go out and buy the materials for the x-clamp fix later but thought I might get a head start and clean the thermal paste and heatsinks.  After doing so, I tested the 360 mobo (without heatsinks or fans) for a second just to see what was going on.  This time I got the same blinking center green light and not three but two red rings flashing 
/  \
\  /
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:44:51 AM by pigoesfar »

Offline 12blake22

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: 3RROD Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
the black screws for me did nothing and 3 red lights is the rrod, But the 2 red lights are the chips overheating because you had nothing on them. And i do not recommend turning on your xbox without the heat sinks on the chips. The three red lights should be fixed when you do the xclamp fix. As for the dvd drive the middle green led will keep blinking until you get the wires to plug it in but other than that it wont do any thing.

hope this helped

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:31:13 PM »
Thanks, I figured this out.  I am just going to do the xclamp with 4 nylon washers on each side. 64 total as well as 8 #10 32x.5in screws.

Offline 12blake22

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
64 total ? i think your supposed to put 4 on each screw were the board meets the chassis, then only 2 were the board meets the heat sink or else the heat-sink wont touch the chip. so really only 48 total.

https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=33083.msg248097;boardseen#new

thats the link of the tut

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »
You got 2 rings without the heatsinks on because that's the default rrod.

If you have no heatsinks on, the 360 automatically shuts down with a 2 RRoD with a CPU/GPU overheating error code.

That's not your actual error code. Put thermal paste back on, put the heatsinks back on, and test for a RRoD. Then get the secondary error code and let me know what it is.
The center led flashing just means that the 360 drive isn't plugged in.

It won't RRoD because the drive isn't in, either.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:26:12 PM by PspKicks316 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal