Author Topic: ok got a 360 here and the drive keeps getting jammed open  (Read 1181 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ok got a 360 here and the drive keeps getting jammed open
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
ok so i got a buddy's 360 here and i can adjust and align the laser and tray will work while i have it but the minute my buddy takes it back home the tray gets stuck open the laser keeps comong outta alignment with the  disc tray and the tray get causght on the part of the laser that spins the disc and prevents it from going back in but like i said it works fine with the cover offa the 360 drive and i can open and shut it 10 times but the minute i put it back together and he takes it home it jams right off the back any clue how i can stop this short of having him buy a new drive for it or having him keep it open like a science project thanks in advance to all who try to help

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: ok got a 360 here and the drive keeps getting jammed open
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »
i find that very odd due to the way the drive is constructed, and the way the gears inside it work. when the tray is open, the lazer assembly should be lowered out of the way, and as it closes the lazer is lifted to the disk.....so what you are telling me baffels me, just in the design. check the white gears, make sure all is good.

as far as a fix, I dont really know what to say. its not good to run the 360 open, as the wind tunnel cannot properly cool the system, and COULD lead to a RROD. maybe think about externally mounting the disk drive?? 

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:52 PM »
ok i can align the drive and laser gears so that they are right when i put the tray back in the drive i make sure the laser is up like it suppost to be when the tray is closed and then i can eject the drive it ejects fine then when you try to close it the tray gets hung up on the part that holds and spins the disc in the drive (the laser assembly seems to come up to soon as the drive is closing)i have adjusted it several times and it will work fine with the top off the drive but the minute i close the drive back up and try to eject the drive the tray comes out but then when i go to close it it hangs up again

Offline moeiscool

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »
press eject and tap the tray it should open i have one xbox that does that
PLEASE DONT USE REFERRAL BANNERS IN YOUR SIG
Signed
Mac

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
ok figured it out the big black gear all the way on the left in the front of the drive is wrecked the post that holds it snapped off buddy is ordering a new toshiba drive and i am just going to swap the board from the old drive to the new drive and he should be good to go thanks for all the help

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:38 AM »
@krazy, I suspected it was something like that...

@ moeiscool, your drive is doing that because the belt is bad. I forget the part # google will find it easy enough.  however I only found them at onine retailers, and never a local shop. I ordered three why I fixed mine, but god only knows where I put the extra ones. i'll look around this weekend if I find them you are welcome to one, but dont hold your breath. LOL

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »
Did you break a tooth?
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal