Author Topic: How about a Custom PSP Go case?  (Read 5730 times)

Offline fire3element

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
How about a Custom PSP Go case?
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
I bought a PSP go but I really hate the design. Was thinking of building a custom case to make it look like that uber cool mock-up pic that was going around the net.

Yes I know that it would not be exactly the same, but as close as it can get.

A few questions to the smart ones out there:
-Will a 4.3 in screen from a 2000 plug into the PSP go MOBO?
-Is there another screen out there (5.0 in or larger) that will work on a PSP MOBO?
-Is the PSP go battery the same batt that is in the Sixaxis and DS3?

I have various plastic and metal pieces that I was going to use to build it. I also have several new small sheets of stainless steel that I planned on building the main body from. Now that we have the PSP go, I can use the slider mech to build the mock-up.

Let me know what you guys think.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:16:14 AM by modded matt »

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
Re: How about a Custom PSP Go case?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
well, it's REALLY hard to make .

you got to:

- design
- make a mold
- cast it
- sand it
- paint
- try
- adjust flaws
- mold again
- cast

and so on.....

its a great idea, dont get me wrong, its jsut a lot of work

Offline fire3element

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Yeah I know it will be hard. Never really expected it to be simple.
However, that is why I have chosen to build the case from stainless steel. Should be much more sturdy and just about indestructible. I plan on making the basic shell from the stainless and make a plastic insert that the MOBO and controls will mount to. This way I will have a pre-made shell and will only have to remake the insert if needed.

Ok so does anyone know about the screen? Is the 4.3 from a 2000/3000 possible? Or is there another larger screen that will work?

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »
I am not sure if anybody has tried this yet, modding is always trial and error if nobody has an answer the best thing you can do is find out for yourself, and let us know. Who knows you might just find out the next biggest and most popular mod out there.

Trial and error, it's a good thing.

-TwisT

Offline N.W.A4LIFE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »

Ok so does anyone know about the screen? Is the 4.3 from a 2000/3000 possible? Or is there another larger screen that will work?
No, the go has its own unique ribbon connector.Its near impossible. I dont think a single person would figure a way to hook that screen up. And no, there isnt a way to get a bigger screen for the go.

I would look into a 2000 and get a plugin that automatically switchs to its AV out. Then hook a bigger screen. And there you go.But Im not sure there is a plug in that does that yet, but hey, you can request it, or make it your self.

Also, may I ask why you want to make the psp like 4x bigger? If your going to do that, why not just make a wii laptop? More emus and Wii game play! Also it will be about the same size too! Use the Hombrew channel to use the emus btw.

What ever you choose best of luck!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 05:13:55 AM »
fire 3lement I removed your pic link from the main post, becaouse my antivirus states that site contains a harmul virus. if you wish to post that pic, please copy it and upload it to photobucket or what not and repost. that site is going on the prohibited list of links.
here is the report: I removed a letter for the address below so someone dont accedentally click on it. if you want to see the virus, add a "F" to the end of the link below, but you are doing so at your own risk.

Threat Report
Total threats found: 1

Viruses (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name:  Downloader 
Location:  http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cardsquad.com/media/2005/12/rigged.gi 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:15:45 AM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal