Author Topic: ps3 controller daughterboard  (Read 5893 times)

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
ps3 controller daughterboard
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »
hi recently i lost that little bit of sponge that goes under the ribbon cable and thought of the brilliant idea of glueing it into place. cutting a long story short i busted the ribbon cable. so i was wandering if anyone knows when i could buy one.

this is what im talking about

my attempts of hard wiring it have failed

oh and i noticed that the ps2 controller ribbon cable is kinda like the ps3 ribbon cable so was wandering if it will fit?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:27:47 AM by shadowdawg101 »

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: ps3 controller daughterboard
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
You could have used several things to replace that foam piece, tape or paper folded over, styrafoam, just about anything that had a little bit of give to it and was around the same size.

The PS2 Daughter board is really nothing like the PS3 one, so you'll need to get one for a PS3 controller. Any PS3 controller from the MSU_V3.5X 1.12 on up use that type now. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=648322

Are you just trying to get it back together here? or trying to make something else? If you're making something else you'll need to install the Pull Up Resistors on the board or it's not going to work hard wired, since they're built into the Daughter board.

Since you have solder all over the board contacts now putting it back together as a stock PS3 controller, even with all of the correct parts, isn't going to get you a very reliable controller as there will eventually be issues there.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »
oh :censored:. Basicaly i did use foam pieces but that kept giving me buggy issues so i tried to glue it. Thats when it messed up. Thanks for all your help i really apresiate it. One more thing i am trying to hardwire it and so do you know what value the pull up resistor is?

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
It really depends on the version of the Daughter board as Sony has varied it slightly between some of them, but you can use anything from 6.8k to 10k and it'll work. You need to install 2 of them, one between V and COM1, the other between V and COM2.

You can use just about any Watt rating or type of Resistor that you can get soldered onto those lines. I personally prefer 0603 SMT ones, but use whatever you're comfortable with installing in there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal