Author Topic: Problem with a psp... damned confusing!!!  (Read 1397 times)

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Certified Fur:censored:
Problem with a psp... damned confusing!!!
« on: January 31, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
 :beg: please help me with this peoples! :beg:

i recently got a psp 1003 off some guy near me for free because he said there was something wrong with it. he didnt say what but i soon found out.

when i put a batery into it and tried to turn it on the green powere light flashed on for about half a second then went off... WTF! (thats all that went through my mind) i decided that maybe it was software related so i grabbed my pandora and made a mms (rains mms maker) put the stick in and the pandora.... nothing. at all. now im really confused! the psp has obviously been taken apart before as the l and r triggers are missing but when i took it apart to check nothing was broken everything was as it should be... i took the whole thing apart and rebuilt it. still the problem persisted... im really confused, even on charge it doesnt power on! im left to believe that the mobo is fried...

hopefully one of you clever minded people can help! thanks

:confused:deathshells. :confused:
If everything is going well, you've probably overlooked something.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Problem with a psp... damned confusing!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Bricked or a short.

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »
any idea of where the short may be?

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
the same thing happend to my psp 2 days ago. its a short on the mother board. i couldnt find where the short was so i had to fix an old mobo. your :censored: out of luck bro. you need a new mobo...or try finding where the short is and fix it. but what i can tell you is that it is NOT the blacklight fuse or the power fuse. i couldnt find where it was.

a test you can do is to take your lcd screen out and turn it on. if it turns on and stays on then its a power problem ( no brick). it cant power the mobo and the lcd screen at the same time. i tested my psp for like 2 hours and this is all i got out of it. buttttt...... mine would turn on when it was charging.

hope this helps. you might need a new motherboard (mobo). i did :cry2:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:36:00 PM by K.A.O. »

Offline deathshells

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
thanks K.A.O. something really wierd just happened though... i held the left directional button and tried to turn it on... THE LIGHT STAYED GREEN!!! the screen however did not light... so i plugged it in on charge and restarted... this time even the screen lit up... the screen is destroyed but i heard the boot sound and i heard it navigating as i pressed buttons.... then it froze and turned itself off dead... it is incredibly tempremental... now im even more confused, im gonna transfer one of my good screens into this one for a test but only if itll last that long! really weird! try answering that one!

EDIT: i just played about with turning it on and off without charger and it did boot... although there was one point where it lit  screen but no sound... then turned off, fast. WTF!!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:28:46 AM by deathshells »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal