Author Topic: Wtf paypal  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Wtf paypal
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
Hey, just need a lil insight on this. My paypal is setup to have my bank account as a back up funding source. Well about a week ago I got my paycheck which was direct deposited into my bank. I transferred the money to my paypal because I do not have a debit card. The next day I made a purchase but the money was not yet in the paypal account yet so it took the money from my bank. Apparently the bank says the money was in the paypal account so I got an overdraft fee for not having the right funds... I told the bank about it and they say it is paypals fault and they will not give me a refund for the overdraft even though it is the first time this happened. I called paypal to see what they would say but the person I was talking to didn't say much so I faxed him the bank statement and got his number. I have not heard back from him yet and I think I may file a claim on the bank. Not sure if that's possible though and if I will ever get the money from the overdraft back. Btw I would just let this go but the overdraft was over $100 and im pretty pissed. Am I wasting my time or can I get my money back. I think it is the banks fault for screwing me out of the money but I am not sure. Just want to know if any of you guys have had this problem before and what happened. Thanks

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
Re: Wtf paypal
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
hmm i know when i was with bank of america the first time u over draft its free
but the next tim u owe them 30 soooo do they have a overdraft fee of 100 orr?

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 12:03:30 AM »
Well the first time was 30 but there was another purchase so it went to 100. The :censored: dint give me a free pass. I had the money...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:03:56 AM by Ch4rL13 »

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:40 AM »
i dont understand why u over drew ur account when u took out what u had...

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 02:31:39 AM »
well it is your fault for not waiting for the money to clear as certainly in the uk it can take up to 7 days for money to transfer. as for banks they usually give you 1 free pass as long as your not over drawn for more than a day or two. if you argue and fight with the bank they may give you a refund. usually the best tool you have to argue with is to threaten to go with another bank (make sure there not owned by the same company) but dont do this if your not willing to follow through.

also what age are you as over here in the uk you can get a debit card from the age of 14

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »
Yeah, as Robin said, you need to wait for the money to transfer into your paypal account balance BEFORE you make a purchase.

With that, there's not much you can do.

What happens is paypal will take the money from your account within 1-2 days of you putting in the request, but will take the additional 2-6 days (depending on where you live) to transfer in, as it's going through processing. That is why the bank said that paypal already took the funds. Because they had. You just didn't have access to them.

I'm sure you knew that, right?

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:40:47 AM »
If he read the rules he would...

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 05:59:39 AM »
what robin is telling you is correct. with paypal transfers, it takes longer for paypal to show the money then the bank. this just how transfers work and is part of life. if you bank account is linked to your paypal,,, this is your own fault. why even transfer the money to paypal, when you make a paypal purchase, do it as a bank draft and not paypl money. that will avoid the over lap.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »
It takes a couple of days to withdraw money. The bank will show that it's in your paypal account, but paypal doesn't have it yet.

No problem here. You just didn't know. lol

Edit:
Oh this was said before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal