Author Topic: ps3 rapid fire code request  (Read 5603 times)

Offline mvprac

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ps3 rapid fire code request
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
could someone post a rapid fire code for ps3 that uses r1 trigger or both with mode selection for 12f629 or 12f683 chip would be greatly appreciated  :help: :help: :help: :help:  :beg: :tup:

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
Re: ps3 rapid fire code request
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
you should be able to use a BMU code or topfire hooked up to the appropriate buttons that you desire to have rapid fire. Hope this helps =)

t0pfire is located here: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34437.0.html

BMU is found here: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,29999.0.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:47:55 AM by laxboy »

Offline mvprac

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
dont quit understand so baicaly wire to r1  the rest is the same as 360 or do i have to change the code sorry for the noob questions

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:23:02 PM »
Its alright =)  i never modded a ps3  controller, a friend acctually just told me that this would not work so  im not quite sure. Sorry if i confused you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:28:39 PM by laxboy »

Offline mvprac

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
its cool any info helps 

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
I think Gblaster did a nice tut using a 555 timer. It should be in the PS3 section

Offline mvprac

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
ive seen the timer looking for more of a programable one

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Here is the problem:

The R1 is a pressure resistive button tied with a matrix kind of supply. In the same manner that the button on the matrix cannot simply be driven directly with a PIC output, the same goes for the PS3 controller.

Most PS3 rapidfire chips take the digital output (from either 555 or a PIC) and connect that to an analog switch. The analog switch can drive the 'pressing' of the button. What it cannot do is drive the 'releasing' of the button while it is already pressed. Thats why nobody has come up with a 'rapidfire on the trigger' as far as I know of yet.

Now, that does not mean this is impossible. Its actually very simple compared to some mods. What someone needs to do is cut the traces going to the button and wire them as a seperate input into a PIC. Then, wire the output of the PIC to an analog swicth, that would then drive the PS3 input directly. The PIC would then be programmed to drive the output normally when the rapidfire was 'off'. When the rapidfire is 'on', it would create the squarewave signal when the button is pressed instead.

The only real drawback is that it seems most controller coders do not own PS3s (like myself). I could draw up this code in an afternoon, and I have a 6-axis controller but no PS3 to test. I could always try the PC connection for testing I suppose. But my time is limited.

It also does not help that there are 6+ different versions of PS3 controller PCBs, and I can only comment on the 6-axis rummble contorller.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline mvprac

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »
my friend has a rapid fire chip in his rumble sixaxis that is a chip not a timer i think it is the 12f648 something like that it works of the trigger i installed on his but just wanna program chips myself for personal use to play around with the speeds i have a programer its a pickit 2 any help would be greatly apreciated as i can test for you and update u on here on his install its pretty easy as the tact switch cycles the modes u just gotta solder 5-6 wires 5 on his as i solder the led wire to his ps button instead of the status light at the top

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal