Author Topic: toyota - "the best built cars in the world"  (Read 5077 times)

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
Re: toyota - "the best built cars in the world"
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »

Yes, pay for the engine. the manufacturer will pay for replacement if it is related to and caused by the recall.

Yes ofc. but not with the stuck gas thing.
You can let it stall by just brake and put it into neutral.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:58:28 AM by dedafmonteur »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
in all fairness who would think of jumping the gears to cut the engine when your car is suddenly accelerating into a wall?!
nobody would,so don't even say that you would...

and whoever said "turn the car off",have you seen what a car does when you turn off the ignition while it's driving?The steering lock engages so you can't steer....then you're in even more trouble...

The point is these people died for almost no reason,who cares about probability or whatever,road accidents happen (unfortunately),but if toyota had tested the cars further then these people would probably still be living and the lives of their families would not have been shattered...
Derp.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
Yes ofc. but not with the stuck gas thing.

yes, even with the stuck gas pedal thing. if your pedal sticks you put it in neutral and the the engine over-revs past the limiter and blows the engine before you can turn the engine off then that is a related failure and the manufacturer will cover the repair. the engine failure would be caused by the gas pedal failure, that is a related failure and therefore covered by the manufacturer...

in all fairness who would think of jumping the gears to cut the engine when your car is suddenly accelerating into a wall?!
nobody would,so don't even say that you would...
I said it. I would say it again and I have been in a similar situation and that's what I did. If you don't panic and keep a clear head then you have the ability to think of these things. I stand by that it should be common sense.

and whoever said "turn the car off",have you seen what a car does when you turn off the ignition while it's driving?The steering lock engages so you can't steer....then you're in even more trouble...
Again, I said that, it is still the correct thing to do and it is what Toyota themselves say to do (trust me I work for them). Look, there are 4 positions to a cars ignition switch: Lock, Acc, On, Start. the only position that locks the steering wheel is the Lock position and you don't need to turn the key into that position to turn off the engine. In both the Acc and On position the wheel is not locked and you are still able to turn the steering wheel, you will not have power assistance but you will be able to steer it will just take a bit more effort.

The point is these people died for almost no reason,who cares about probability or whatever,road accidents happen (unfortunately),but if toyota had tested the cars further then these people would probably still be living and the lives of their families would not have been shattered...
Everyone that dies in a car accident dies for "almost no reason." yes, accidents happen and yes, it is unfortunate, but most of them are preventable and most are due to driver error. Toyota (and every other car manufacturer) tests their vehicles extensively prior to retail release. the first 500 vehicles are manufactured solely for testing. this includes crash, driveability, and extended road testing. vehicles for extended testing will be driven several hundred thousand miles before they are signed off on, this is done to test durability and wear in the vehicles and is done to simulate the average life expectancy of these vehicles.

The accelerator wear issue is a manufacturing quality issue. toyota does not manufacture the components that they put in their vehicles, they just design them, put them together, test them and sell them. it's just like a computer or a game console the manufacturing of components is contracted out to other companies...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »
Your steering wheel will only lock of you pull out your key and yank the steeringwheel after that.

End conclusion: Take a bike if you think THAT'S safe....lol

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »
well yea i forgot u still have steering.  i tho for a sec last night then how could u push and steer if u run out of gas.  yea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal