Author Topic: Please help me with this led PSP mod! I'm almost done!  (Read 1148 times)

Offline SEA DAWG

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Please help me with this led PSP mod! I'm almost done!
« on: February 12, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
Hey guys so I've been trying this led mod but I can't get all of the leds to work. The two blue work fine, and about one green, but the rest are either dimly lit, or just don't work at all. I have two blue leds in the triggers and six green leds placed through out the psp.

I have one 33 ohm resistor ----I think that is the amount, I drew a picture so if you could confirm that would be great!---- between the positive side of the switch and the all the positive connections of the leds.

Then I have all the negative sides of the leds hooked up to the negative/ground side of the switch.

It's all in the picture so please tell me if you can understand. I'll try to draw a better picture if not.

Offline aToMiiK MaGiiKArP

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Please help me with this led PSP mod! I'm almost done!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »
its just like a normal circuit it hink... less resistance means more current flow meaning brighter lights... dont completly know but try a samller resistor.
Evreything That Has A Beginning Has An End :(

Apart From Everlasting Gobstoppers :)

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08:09 AM »
you want the blue and green leds running on seperate circuits as they have different forward voltages.... i think blue are and 3.2-3.5fv and green are 3.5 -3.7fv its not much of a difference but its enough to make the green turn out dimmer then they would if they were on the own circuit.... i'd say you should probilly have 2 circuits both with about 20-40ohm resistor instead of the single circuit and 33ohm res...

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline SEA DAWG

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »
Ok, so I can do that with what if i had two different circuits (blue on one and green on the other) and I just used the 33 ohm resistor for each one?

Wouldn't that be bad cause I have six green, while only two blue. Shouldn't I used less resistance for the blue cause I only have two leds?

Offline arjohn

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »
theres no problem if you use one resistor in all of your leds. just remake it, or find the wrong that you do. this is your first time to do it.?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal