Author Topic: 360 "project" console with some odd issues.  (Read 1338 times)

Offline MorboTron

• Muncie Game Armory Owner
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
360 "project" console with some odd issues.
« on: March 13, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
I'll try to keep this as short as possible, and not to seem too n00bish.

I picked up a 360 the other day that had been previously "fixed" for RROD.  The previous owner stated that it worked, but then ringed on him again.

I handed him a couple twenties, and snatched the system up to whisk it away to my workbench.

I ordered the hybrid kit RROD kit from the shop here and installed it.  The System worked fine, and I began play testing the console with three different games with no problems whatsoever.

I shut the system down, and left it alone for about 3 hours.  Came back, powered it on and popped in a DVD movie to test.

About 15 minutes in, the movie froze, and the system was unresponsive, so I ejected the DVD, and powered off the system.  Upon powering back up, it would boot until the dashboard, then freeze up.

Upon reboot it gave an E71 code.  So I powered off, and disconnected everything (Power, AV, etc).  I let it sit, and reconnected all hookups, then powered it on.  This time it booted fully, but lost sync with the controller.  It will now no longer sync up with a wireless controller, and will not recognize a Wired controller.

Upon another reset, the system flashed an E79 code with a secondary code of 1013. 

The weird thing about this whole ordeal is that I played three different games for about 2 hours, and the system was completely fine.  Now it is throwing every error code it can at me, and will not sync a controller, nor will it recognize the USB controllers.

I am thinking of just parting this thing out, and washing my hands of it, unless there is something I can do to get it going again.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Oh yes, for the record:

DVD Drive: Toshiba/Samsung
Build Date: 10-16-2006

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
Re: 360 "project" console with some odd issues.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
The guy who previously owned it probably broke more then fixed on the console. Try changing the power brick, it could be giving you an unstable supply. Sounds like the controller sync problem is software related and the who system is unstable, upgrade to latest firmware. It's not going to fix itself and seems complicated to fix yourself if it's a hardware issue. You can always turn it into a "Trophy case"

Offline MorboTron

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
Yes, it seems as though it is probably a giant paperweight.  But there is still a salvageable DVD drive, fans, Heatsinks, and ROL lens and board.

I tried three different verified and tested power supplies, as well as different cables.

Funny thing is, after I posted, I decided to tear it down again, just to make certain nothing was faulting or shorted. I got it to work for about five minutes, and it froze again in the system settings menu, then went right back into error code city just like before.  Got 1003, 1013, E79, E71, then a total red ring again.  Not worth my time. 

Given that there are SOME salvageable parts, I might put those up for sale, and keep the case for modder fodder.  :yess:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:13:52 PM by MorboTron »

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »
Yeah man sounds like a reasonable decision.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »
May I have the Case? PM Me if you would start with an offer.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline MorboTron

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:08:07 AM »
FOOKz, PM sent  If you need pics let me know.  camera battery is charging. 

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
Photos Would be nice. Take a photo of your motherboard i want to know what kind it is. There may be a problem thats version-specific.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal