Author Topic: PS3 R1 RF Guide (Hope this helps)  (Read 958 times)

Offline nathd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 R1 RF Guide (Hope this helps)
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
As a lot of people on here are curious as to how the PS3 controller is wired for rapid fire on the R1, I have a guide that came with mine that can I can link to showing the wiring if anyone wishes. Just want to check that  everyone is okay with posting outside links first

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PS3 R1 RF Guide (Hope this helps)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
Nope, doesn't help. We know how the wiring is set up, just don't know how to program the code to "hold" on the pulse until R1 is pulled.

Offline nathd

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
This probably won't be any use then but with the 360 pin 7 goes to RT middle pin, the PS3 RF pin 6 goes to T18, is this different?

Also the chip is a PIC-12F629 for some reason which I'm pretty sure doesn't work with the 360 although never tried.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
Heres the thing: R1, R2, triangle, square, circle, and X buttons share the COM2. There are pulses for each of these buttons timed at a certain frequency. When these pulses occur, the voltage goes from 2.7V down to roughly 1.3V when the buttons are not pressed. When they are pressed, the voltage goes lower.

Now, if the PIC is monitoring these pulses on the COM2 line, it will not see the digital threshold for a low until the button is pressed far enough. But the PIC would also have to know which button is pressed so it does not register the button presses for the other buttons. That is the kicker.

On top of that, most people use a transistor to simulate a button press. When you do rapidfire 'on the trigger', you need to force the line on that button back to released voltage state. Well, the released voltage state is right in the middle (1.3V) of what the output voltage levels are for the PIC.

If you dont care about the other buttons being affected, then a simple RF on R1 is not very hard, but makes all other buttons useless.

I can show more when my DSO arrives tomorrow.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal