Author Topic: lcd screen wont stay snug.  (Read 1328 times)

Offline TeaBubblez

• ~BubbleTea~
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
lcd screen wont stay snug.
« on: March 24, 2010, 04:23:06 AM »
The support for the lcd screen stays snug. The only problem is the lcd screen doesnt want to stay onto the support. So it bounces a bit. Thus when i put my faceplate on the top is pushed up a bit too.

Does anyone know how to fix this.? thanks

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: lcd screen wont stay snug.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 05:01:27 AM »
not sure what all you have done to the psp but I would say:
remove the wiring you ran behind the screen, and find a new route for them that wont interfere with the screen and its housing

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:11:48 AM »
you possibly have a screw somewhere thats pushing the LCD up, takeout the screen cage, see if it lays in correctly. if the cage is warped, bend it back to normal, and screw down the cage as tight as possbile.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline TeaBubblez

• ~BubbleTea~
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
you possibly have a screw somewhere thats pushing the LCD up, takeout the screen cage, see if it lays in correctly. if the cage is warped, bend it back to normal, and screw down the cage as tight as possbile.
not sure what all you have done to the psp but I would say:
remove the wiring you ran behind the screen, and find a new route for them that wont interfere with the screen and its housing

@matt this is a non modded psp btw.

@sn1per i checked the so called cage. this is 2000 btw xD. anyways uhm its not warped or anything. it was perfectly seated until i dissassembled it. As i remeber in ken's dissasembly tut for 2000 versions. he stated that after placing the lcd bak on it didnt lock on properly

Offline amfatandlazy

• psp slim- 5.50gen d-3
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
@matt this is a non modded psp btw.

@sn1per i checked the so called cage. this is 2000 btw xD. anyways uhm its not warped or anything. it was perfectly seated until i dissassembled it. As i remeber in ken's dissasembly tut for 2000 versions. he stated that after placing the lcd bak on it didnt lock on properly

same problem here, also the top trim has bent out and wont go in fully so impossible to do up screws.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal