Author Topic: My latest...  (Read 742 times)

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
My latest...
« on: March 28, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »
Problem... :(

So guys it's been quite a while since I've been active on these forums. It sure has changed...

Anyway, I've been having some problem with my UMD drive lately. If I insert a UMD, it will spin, and the loading symbol will come on the screen, but it won't read the UMD. I think that the part that moves the laser back and forth across the disc isn't working.

I've taken apart the psp twice now to check that all the ribbons are in place, and they are. Also nothing looks to he damaged. This is important for me since I don't have cfw so I rely on UMDs for my games. Has anyone had any similar issues?

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:57:27 PM by rceckspurt13 »
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: My latest...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »
if the ribbons are in right, and not damaged, it's either the laser, or the motor it slides along, so it's reading the same part of the disc again and again.  it doesnt have to look like its broken. just get a new drive on ebay. they're cheap. i think the loading icon = motor

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Ok thanks for the help. I got the drive to work now. It would appear that the connector for the main ribbon in the center of the mobo is the culprit. I have to leave the lock for the connector slightly loose for some reason to get it to work. If I plug it In all the way, weird stuff happens:

1. Laser doesn't light up at all
2. Laser lights, but goes crazy and vibrates?
3. The laser assembly won't move back and forth across the track.

Usually one of the 3 bappens.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »
If you push it too far, the points don't make contact, if it's  too loose, same thing. It's a delicate balance
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal