Author Topic: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Review.  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Review.
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver review.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver are two Pokemon games based on the original Game Boy games Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver.  They take everything that was good about those games and make it better in every single way. 

The games start out in Little Root town, the standard starting village where you meet your rival and get your first pokemon.  Your choices are between Chikorita, the grass starter, Cyndaquil, the fire starter, and Totodile, the water starter.  Obviously this is very similar to the other pokemon games, so I won't go into more detail, so I will tell you the improvements on the Diamond Pearl and Platinum games. 

For starters the games have a new pokedex format, more friendly for the touch screen.  You see 20 pokemon at once instead of the 7 of Diamond pearl and platinum.  Also the entire menu is on the bottom screen and you can choose whether to open it with the X button or just use the stylus the whole time.  To make using the stylus instead of the buttons all the easier you can hit the shoes icon on the touch screen to auto-run.  Another new feature is the berry pots.  Instead of planting your berries at random places around the region, you carry your berries with you in your bag, which is great, but there is a downside.  You can only have 4 plants growing at one time.  Also you have the first pokemon in your party following you around pokemon yellow style so you can always turn around and talk to your pokemon to see what it is thinking.  One more thing that I will mention is that you can have 2 key items registered for quick access.  One on the Y button, and one on the touch screen.  It makes the games UI a bit easier to use. 

In conclusion I have to give Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver a 9/10.  It is near perfect and there isn't much more I can ask for. 

If you have any comments about the game feel free to leave a comment.

Kilokk.

Offline REv9k

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Review.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »
I got this for my son for a school year ending present.  He had Diamond then Platinum.  He will be happy to get this one, but since it is a remake does it just have older Pokemon?  There are rumors of a new generation on the way, I wish that it was released already instead of this one, although I suppose this was supposed to be one of the best releases and it will be new to him anyway.
I'm starting a new website for musicians- recording, live, inspiration, etc-  http://www.revolution9000.com!

Also check out my band at http://www.slowrecovery.com and help keep up up in the charts on Reverbnation!  Enjoy the music and spread the word!

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Review.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »
it will have the same 493 critters as diamond and platinum. 

also the rumors about gen 5 are just that. rumors.   it is a distinct possibility, but there is still a chance that the new game could be another mystery dungeon or something along those lines. 

i plan on updating with a news post when i know more about this ^_^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal