Author Topic: A psp that had water over it.  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Flux

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
A psp that had water over it.
« on: March 17, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Hi,

I am planning to buy the psp of a school friend, he tells me his psp has had water on it and that the battery runs out really fast now, and that the right pad(where x is located) doesn't work anymore.

I was wondering if I could switch the mobo of that psp with mine, the psp of my friend is custom firmware, mine is not. I also want to mod psp's, and where better to start then buying cheap psp's off friends, right?

Anyhow, thanks in advance!

Offline Frankie.R

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: A psp that had water over it.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
your better off just getting a pandora battery and magic memory stick and installing custom firmware on your own psp. There are hundreds of tutorials if you google it.  :tup:

Offline Flux

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
Indeed, but my psp is a datacode 8c, with 6.20 firmware. In other words, I can't hack it.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
as long as its the same model its fine, and your swapping the power board, not the mobo. I would not pay much for it.

Offline Flux

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
He said he wanted 20 euro's for it, I am gonna try to get it for 15 euros. Anyhow, about the powerboard.

My psp is not custom firmware, can't be hacked in any way atm becaus of the datacode 8c mobo and the 6.20 firmware.

His psp, the psp which got water on it does have custom firmware, but the battery runs out after 10 minuts apparently and the x, squar, triangle and circle buttons dont work. He can still navigate through the menu and see whats happening in the xmb.

What parts besides the power board need replacement? And couldn't i just switch his psp mobo with mine, so my psp has custom firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Post Merge: March 18, 2010, 01:26:31 AM
Oh and a question about the power board, doesn't that make your psp go on and off? Becaus if so, the psp does go on apparently.

Post Merge: March 18, 2010, 01:55:14 PM
Oke, I've bought the psp for 5 euros!!! It works, it goes on, it has custom firmware, the buttons just occiasonally don't work. I need to press hard for them to work if they don't.

And this one time it just went out. My brother told me to put it on the heater for a while since it has sustained water damage. I don't know when it had water on it, it could be a week ago or 6 months ago.

What parts do i need to replace and what can i do about the buttons malfunction?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:55:14 PM by Flux »

Offline jasonkhoo87

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:57 AM »
yes, i also would like to know what part is damaged due to the water...

i have friend face this problem.. cross button not work.. the bad thing is, when press the HOME button, the light is turn off.. cant turn on the light anymore even pressing the SCREEN button...

After restart, the light on again.. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal