Author Topic: Can anyone help me out? (PSP 2000)  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Hadesminion13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Can anyone help me out? (PSP 2000)
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
I know I'm asking for a lot here, but here it goes...
   I'm a complete beginner to modding PSPs. The most advanced thing I've done is a complete faceplate and backplate change, replacing an LCD screen, fixing an analog nub, and hard-modding 4 pandora batteries (My friends wanted me to make some pandoras for them). Now, I know alot about software, but as explained earlier I know nothing about hardware. Software-wise I have CXMB 3.3 with CTF themes, lots of homebrew and ISOs, and 5.50 GEN-D3. As you can see, I'm a complete noob to hardware modding, but I'm a noob with some pretty far-away goals. Here are my goals (AKA What I want to do to my psp slim):

1. PhotoFast CR-3100 Mod
2. UMD Jewel (I'm pretty sure this is the only one I'll be able to do without a tut)
3. UMD Drive Replaced w/ Speakers Seen Here: my psp :]
4. Sound Reactive LEDs On Any or All: L and R, Speaker Holes, and around UMD Jewel (On the inside of the door). (Also a switch to turn on/off)
5. Razor-X Dual Nub Mod

(In no particular order)

I know, some hard goals for someone who's never soldered and barely knows anything about LEDs.

So, my question is, can I get some help? Lol... (See, I'm laughing on the outside but crying on the inside :D)

Dumned down tuts on any of the 1-5 would be helpful. I have seen tuts in the forums, but they are pretty complicated for me. No, I will not take "Gain some more experience" or anything similar as an answer, I'm fixed to this :D

Also, EXACT materials needed for all of this would be nice, but organized so I don't think I need a dremel to cut a hole in the LEDs (AKA mixing up materials from other tuts, EX: Don't put LEDs, Dremel, Soldering Iron, please put something like: Sound Reactive LED Mod - LEDs, Soldering Iron ... UMD Jewel - Dremel and Sanding Paper.)

I also need specifics on tools as well. EX: Specific kinds of Soldering Irons. Where to get the materials and tools would be nice too, seeing as the AcidMods shop doesn't have LEDs or PSP stuff yet (Or at least it isn't displaying anything).

So, like I said, I'm asking for A LOT here, and I know, first post, but I really need some help and this is the only site I trust on this stuff. Thanks guys :D

Oh and as a side note, I used the search engine on this site and yes, I did find answers to most of this. I know there's also Modding Basics, but the "answers to most of this" and the Modding Basics thread aren't dummed down enough lol. Although, I'm a quick learner, so all I need is a push in the right direction. The most important part of this post is the materials and tools. Thank you, and please understand that I'm feeling exactly how you felt when you decided to start learning about soldering and modding, so try to stop yourself from flaming and trolling, no matter how much of an easy target I am :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:04:56 PM by Hadesminion13 »

Offline evolution400

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Can anyone help me out? (PSP 2000)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:48 PM »
 M TRYING TO SOMETHING SIMILAR AND NEED HELP i would like to mod my PSP but don't know anything about it
  the first thing that i would like to do is the door jewel. dose anyone where i can get one cheap or how to make one.
   second is adding a speaker in the back of the psp on the right side.  i wold like a tutorial on that.
    third is the led lights and camera dose anyone know how and the last thing is dual analog sticks.
   thanks you for those who helped me very thankful.

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
Re: Can anyone help me out? (PSP 2000)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »
Well guys there is a search feature at the top of the page.
if yall need more directory, just pm me
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal