Author Topic: 555 Timer Button Problems  (Read 910 times)

Offline kc81

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
555 Timer Button Problems
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
So I picked up a 555 timer from radioshack and threw together a (freeform) 555 timer rapid fire controller on a matrix board. I planned to use it for MW2. I was able to install it and it worked fine with a push button, shooting it just how i wanted it to. The problem i have with it now is whenever i shoot with rapidfire (press the push button), I can no longer use the thumbsticks buttons (not the actual thumbsticks, but i cannot click the left thumb stick or right thumbstick). In other words, after i shoot one bullet with the rapidfire controller, i cannot run or knife in MW2. I was wondering if this is normal with the 555 timer mod, or is it just something i did wrong. Also, whenever i pick an automatic weapon, it shoots automatically without me even pressing the push button, and there is no way to stop it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
Re: 555 Timer Button Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »
sounds like you dropped a bit of metal goo stuff... you know, solder or however you spell it on the motherboard.......   HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!....  coheed fail

Offline kc81

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »
sounds like you dropped a bit of metal goo stuff... you know, solder or however you spell it on the motherboard.......   HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!....  coheed fail

:/ Why even post if you make yourself sound like this?

Anyway, that "metal goo stuff" isn't dropped anywhere because when i put the RT trigger back, everything functions fine.

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
Please post some pictures of your wiring and your chip that well get u ur best answers. \

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal