Author Topic: possible power / screen repair  (Read 1359 times)

Offline winterstorm

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
possible power / screen repair
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
i have a DS lite, and the microphone was not working.  i opened the DS to try and track down the problem, and i disconnected the ribbon cable once to the upper screen, but never touched the bottom screen ribbon cable.  i put it all back together, since i didnt find a break in the mic.  however, now when i attempt to boot up the DS lite, the bottom screen flashes on for a fraction of a second and the power cuts off.  the green light does show up as well for a moment, before going black.  i plugged in the power cable to the wall and it is showing that its charging with an orange light.  after reading a few posts here, i see that some people mentioned that both screens must be plugged in all the way or else this occurrence could happen.  but i am stuck.

thanks for any help.

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
Re: possible power / screen repair
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »
just open it up again and try to find out if you didnt secure everything as good as it should be. if it's still not working then your screwed, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline winterstorm

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »
you were exactly right.  the ribbon cable was out somewhat.  this was my first time in a DS and i wasnt sure what looked correct.  but thanks, its up and running

Offline colja2002

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »
in case of the mic problem you have to solder the mainboard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal