Author Topic: Moving up the food chain  (Read 1360 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Moving up the food chain
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
We all know that robots will eventually take over the world. That day, some of us shall remain there loyal followers. I am one of them.

The Android operating system from Google took Apple’s iPhone operating systems place in the U.S. this quarter. A recent study done by the NPD has shown that Android accounts for 28% of all units sold in the US in the first quarter of 2010, which gives Google’s OS the second slot on the most used OS. The Apple iPhone has fallen to third place while holding 21% of the market. However the BlackBerry OS which uses RIM’s homegrown system still holds the first slot at 36%.

None of the data provided from the Research Group does not reflect purchases through enterprise contracts, although Android phones are becoming more and more popular with companies as well.

The success of the Android’s OS is debatable however the most logical reasoning for the popularity is because it operates on multiple models of phones and almost every US wireless service providers as opposed to the Apple iPhone.

-TwisT
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:40:24 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
Re: Moving up the food chain
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
oh god, I hate robots, expectially when I pick them up at the bar... :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal