Author Topic: Led on when controller is off  (Read 784 times)

Offline spookhunter

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Led on when controller is off
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:08 PM »
I am new to controller modding and am having trouble with a rapidfire sleeper mod. I am following this diagram https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=34641.0;attach=677;image and using crazy-modder's 6mode code. Everything is as is in the diagram except I didn't install a diode.  When the controller is off the rapidfire led stays on dimly, is this because of a lack of a diode? It worked fine before I installed new leds so I don't think thats it.  Any ideas?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Re: Led on when controller is off
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »
The reason the led is dim, is because the chip is in high z.  Which means there is little power going to the led at all times, even when the controller is turned off the led may still be a little dim.  It will mainly do it when you have installed different colored leds because the voltage is different for different color leds.  If you use a diode, then it will probably go away.  Its not really a big deal if the led is dim unless your picky about it. 

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Led on when controller is off
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:14:22 AM »
install the diode. thats what its for, however you may get some bleed through with the diode.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal